PDA

View Full Version : Infinity 6.1 or DLS Iridium 6.2?

johan184
11-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Hallo, I am new at this forum, From Sweden aswell, s sorry for the bad english.

Anyway, I am driving a Opel Cabriolet at the moment, Think Opel is called Vauxhall in USA? if its excist at all in the states.

Here is a picture(Not my car, mine isnt modiefied at all,)
http://www.astra-cabrio-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=4590&sid=c012d753372bb85a80ced55b5b9f7b03

-----------
So What I have been thinking to do is to get a real stereo in the car. Starting with the front components, ending with some kind of subs...

I am not only poor but I am lazy t so I am using the original speaker holes in the door. so in the front I am looking for a 6.5" component system. I have been lookin alot at two different systems: Infinity Perfect 6.1 or the DLS DLS Iridium 6.2

The thing is that the infinitys system only cost 200$ on ebay new. and the DLS cost 470$ and that is a little to much for me, so of you have any suggestions on what I should by for around 200-300 dollar or if I should get the infinity or the DLS????????????????

lsufan778
11-29-2004, 10:40 PM
RE and Rainbows are highly recommended. Check on their home sites. Just remember not to skimp on the fronts as they are extremely important.

johan184
11-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Rainbow seems nice, German made aswell....but I didnt find any reitailers on the website,,,,do you know were I can buy them? or pice info...?

squeak9798
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
DLS Iridiums

johan184
11-29-2004, 11:05 PM
DLS Iridiums

Hehe ok, should mayby say that if I buy the DLS then its the head unit that are going to wait for another half year :)

Dont know if its mather but maily I am playing heavy metal music, black metal, and that kind of music...

And very little with no doubt :)

ashaman
11-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Try looking at MB Quart's on Ebay, pretty sure they are German made. They make plent of 6.5 models, DSE, RSE, QSE off the top of my head. Good quality there.

audiolife
11-30-2004, 12:53 AM
lol that car is coooool as hell. i would look into a horn set up or the dls series. i just suggest horns because you like heavy metal and nothing brings out the heavy like horns. full in your face energy. you either love them or hate them (those that hate dont know how to tune) but if you like "warm" sound id stick with the dls

beezlebub
11-30-2004, 01:01 AM
whats up metal friend from sweeden-dont go with infinity not enough mids and the tweeters are way to bright. id go with cdt hd62 models good mids and warm highs. you like gorgoroth, cdradle,grave,satricon.dimmu,entombed,venom, oh and behemoth-they come in town(atlanta, ga) with suffication. check deathgasm.com good listing of black and death metal cheap

johan184
11-30-2004, 01:58 AM
whats up metal friend from sweeden-dont go with infinity not enough mids and the tweeters are way to bright. id go with cdt hd62 models good mids and warm highs. you like gorgoroth, cdradle,grave,satricon.dimmu,entombed,venom, oh and behemoth-they come in town(atlanta, ga) with suffication. check deathgasm.com good listing of black and death metal cheap

Hallo metal friend. The hd62 seems really nice, they even have a swedish guy review on their website :)

So now its between the DLS system and the CDT HD62 then i guess....but they are both in the same to-high price range :)

Will look in on some horn speakers aswell.

Warren G
11-30-2004, 01:59 AM
dls iridium are pretty high end, but expensive. cdt's are good "bang for the buck" btw, i think your car is a volkswagen???? in usa...

johan184
11-30-2004, 02:23 AM
dls iridium are pretty high end, but expensive. cdt's are good "bang for the buck" btw, i think your car is a volkswagen???? in usa...

hehe no defentitly not a wolkswagen, does exist here in sweden too :) They have models called Omega, Vectra, Corsa and Astra....I actually dont think you have them in the USA

I was looking in to the HD62 and saaw that you can get them for 300 buck, but the hd624 for 330 buck, the different is that you get a pair of 4" med speaker, better investment then the ordinary system?

http://www.boostcaraudio.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=&SortBy=Popularity&Page=2

beezlebub
11-30-2004, 02:31 AM
hey what black metal bands do you listen to-did you check out deathgasm.com?

supa_c
11-30-2004, 05:21 AM
hehe no defentitly not a wolkswagen, does exist here in sweden too :) They have models called Omega, Vectra, Corsa and Astra....I actually dont think you have them in the USA

Opel/Vauxhaul,made by GM in Europe. GM owns them if im not mistaken
They are not sold in the U.S.
Not enough HP for the american market
P.S
DLS Iridums get my vote

3.5Max6spd
11-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Infinity does not sell a product worth my hard earned money.....Johan184 you have access to awesome speaker makers in Europe (Rainbow, Focal, DLS....) stick to those, trust me

johan184
11-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Opel/Vauxhaul,made by GM in Europe. GM owns them if im not mistaken
They are not sold in the U.S.
Not enough HP for the american market
P.S
DLS Iridums get my vote
EDIT: HAHA didnt saw the HP comment :) very true! hehe mine is a strong 115hp car :)

yup that is correct I got some nice GM parts in my Opel actually :) think the speakers are made by GM :)

And to beezlebub: I am a huge Immortal fan(RIP) also Satyricon, gorgoroth, Grave, darkthrone...mostly the more well produced black metal band, if you get me :).

johan184
11-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Ok, after some posts on a swedish forum I got a few tips so its feels like the price have gone up alot :)

PHOENIX GOLD Titanium 6.5" system
CDT Audio Hd62
DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.2 6.5"

Anyone that have used the Phoenix system?

JoseMCeee
12-01-2004, 01:26 AM
isnt there like a DLS shop in sweden?

johan184
12-01-2004, 05:41 AM
isnt there like a DLS shop in sweden?

You would think that in it shuold e a DLS shop in their homeland sweden but their isnt :) But we have som big retailers for them :)

DLS is a strong candidate for my choise so far v:)