PDA

View Full Version : tweets and crossovers really that important?

swaptrex
11-29-2004, 11:03 PM
i was wondering if i could get away with coaxials hooked up to a 2 channel and still be dealing with good sound? i don't really know much about crossovers and mounting tweeters, etc. and also does anyone know why a sony headunit would flip down but the screen and buttons don't light up? wtf!!

squeak9798
11-29-2004, 11:09 PM
i was wondering if i could get away with coaxials hooked up to a 2 channel and still be dealing with good sound?

Good enough sound for the majority of people. If you just want "decent" sound, then that would work (and might not even require an external amp). Components definitely step it up a notch into "great" sound though.

and also does anyone know why a sony headunit would flip down but the screen and buttons don't light up? wtf!!

Because it's Sony.

bigred78797
11-30-2004, 10:17 AM
With the gains on a separate amp and crossover on the amp setup correctly then yes they will sound good. As long as you put a clear signal into the amp you will be good. Without an amp you can have good sound by adding a capacitor to the speakers... that will cut out the low frequencies and limit the amount and type of frequencies played by the speakers.. and those only cost about $2 to $10 at partsexpress.com