PDA

View Full Version : What are horns/how do they work?

icemayne696
11-29-2004, 12:32 AM
? Do you need these in any good system?

squeak9798
11-29-2004, 09:17 AM
You don't need them, it's all personal preference. Some people prefer the sound of tweeters, some people prefer the sound of horns. Also, horns can be touchy, and if not installed/tuned properly will yield poor results.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72670&highlight=horns <--- scroll down to post #14, I had a quick "little" write-up about horns.

Mark_ab
11-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Horns are good.

And then you install them and curse them for hours.

Then they become good again unless you have no EQ or put 100W on them and your head explodes.

I shouldn't have gotten rid of mine :(

audiolife
11-29-2004, 01:48 PM
horns are easy if you know the basics. take your time and install them good solid then the rest is tweeky weeky lol. only draw back to horns is space in some vehicles make it hard to install them or if the car seats real low and has a huge drawn out center consol then you gotta use mini horns(they disperse outward farther to get around these obsticles) the next time i do a horn set up im either going usd super a or making my own (going against the grain too by using a super hot driver)

Mark_ab
11-29-2004, 01:51 PM
What hot drivers do you speak of.

audiolife
11-29-2004, 02:44 PM
hotter than 110db and yu can do it for less than buying the top of the line name brand drivers (in car audio) they basically do what im gonna do but they put their name on it lol