PDA

View Full Version : phoneix ti 9" elite midbass VS ADIRE koda 8" midbass

morbid angel
11-28-2004, 09:32 PM
trying to determine if these pg 9" midbass drivers are worth 587.00 or could i just run with koda 8" mid bass drivers. im gonna have these midbass drivers paired up with image dynamic cd-2 comp horns.

squeak9798
11-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Depends on what you are looking for. Sheer output would likely go to the Koda's. Tonal accuracy....I dunno, but those Elite's are built by Morel, and Morel knows how to build great sounding speakers.

One thing to consider; The Koda's are cheap, and with their boner status (being an Adire product) if you didn't like them it likely wouldn't be too hard to find someone to buy them, with only a minimal loss on your end

supa_c
11-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Well...for $587 you could get 7 koda 8's.
Thats prob the set up im going to use in my burb or an Extremis 6
Except the horns that im getting are the full size CD1's

morbid angel
11-28-2004, 09:58 PM
well i listen to metal i want to put hip-hop out of buisness. when im at the red light i want jam the brains out of their skulls. i want this sytem to totally jam. i didnt know morel made those mids-ther probally designed for extreme sq and dont sound that loud. i want alot of mid bass paired up with those horns and 2 12" jl audio w6

kodyh12
11-28-2004, 10:11 PM
whats so bad about hip hop

morbid angel
11-28-2004, 10:17 PM
dont jump on this thread hip-hop boy. apparently you read my post- read it again and again and again! everthing is wrong with hip hop

squeak9798
11-28-2004, 11:20 PM
If you want insane volume, I'd suggest going 3-way. Audax PR170M0 6.5" pure midranges and then some 8" or 10" midbass. Those Koda's should definitely wang, good excursion and cone area. Like I say though, I don't know about tonal accuracy. There are some IDQ-8's on ebay right now.....they are pretty awesome mids, both tonally and output wise.

morbid angel
11-29-2004, 01:05 AM
mr.squeak are you a tool man? if so cool. jones/guitar from tool favors hard metal thats why they had meshuga on tour with them.anyways yeah i want this $hit loud as hell what kind of mid ranges should i use and can you shed some crossover advice. im gonna get this stuff installed, i hear horns can get a little complecated

Randy Savage
11-29-2004, 02:38 AM
Ignorance is bliss ...

You're basing your opinion on whom ?

...probably the radio...

Don't confuse rap with hip-hop...

supa_c
11-29-2004, 02:42 AM
It's not even rap that's on the radio, it's Pop and R&B :p:

Actually, R&B is practically Pop, so I guess you could just call it all Pop ...

Speaking of pop, I'm gonna go grab myself a Coke :)
Some one listens to Z95.3 sheesh

Randy Savage
11-29-2004, 02:53 AM
Hello Morbid.

I am a moderator. You, are a scumbag.

Post like that again, and I'll delete the whole thread.

That is all, have a nice day.

supa_c
11-29-2004, 03:17 AM
got the Beat here in cali.
Nothing like the Beat in B.C

davidfre21
11-29-2004, 03:21 AM
It's not even rap that's on the radio, it's Pop and R&B :p:

Actually, R&B is practically Pop, so I guess you could just call it all Pop ...

Speaking of pop, I'm gonna go grab myself a Coke :)
couldnt agree more with ya... my tuner finds less and less play time as time goes on

squeak9798
11-29-2004, 09:58 AM
mr.squeak are you a tool man?

Yes, yes I am :)

if so cool. jones/guitar from tool favors hard metal thats why they had meshuga on tour with them.anyways yeah i want this $hit loud as hell what kind of mid ranges should i use and can you shed some crossover advice. im gonna get this stuff installed, i hear horns can get a little complecated

I'd use Audax PR170M0 for pure midrange. You can buy them at http://madisound.com/ for like $69 each. Then something like the Koda or those IDQ-8's on ebay for midbass.

For crossovers, it depends on how much you have to spend.