PDA

View Full Version : Any Alpine Reps here? 9830 is discontinued.

OdieTRP
11-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Crutchfield has the 9830 on sale for $279.95 and that price will go until they run out. I asked the Crutchfield Rep why that one is on sale while none of the other ones are and she said it's because the 9830 is discontinued. She also said the new line will be out in Jan-Feb. Is it worth waiting for the replacement unit? What new features and improvements will it have?

liar2
11-28-2004, 05:43 PM
****... Hopefully they won't run out because I'm looking at getting one of those from there really soon. Gonna try and put in an order within the next 2 weeks

liar2
11-28-2004, 06:22 PM
It's not that I'm looking for the new technology. It's just that I like that price and it suits all my current needs. I really am set on getting that particular head unit.

OdieTRP
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Liar2, the Crutchfield Rep said they had about 300 left. BTW, this may be too much to ask, but does anyone have any pix of the new HU?

Zxcvtypo
11-28-2004, 10:16 PM
i just got a 9830 and i'm very impressed, go for that one with the lower price

pj_chevy03
11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
yeah i just got my 9830 in and its ******. i would definitely recommend it. it's 255 on ikesound if your lookin for a cheaper price.

liar2
11-29-2004, 03:11 AM
Jmac said it. I've checked ebay prices, and other non authorized dealers. But at the price crutchfield is offering it for, it really cannot be beat. Free shipping, factory warranty, and all the hardware needed. I'd have to get all the other hardware regardless, and I'd probably paying more elsewhere, and have to make up the difference with shipping.

OdieTRP
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
I bought two sets of Alpine Type X comps from them about a month ago for $150/pr. The customer service was phenomenal and I won't hesitate to do it again.

KingDiamond
11-30-2004, 01:42 AM
The next line of Alpine HUs are supposed to have HD-Radio support from what I remember reading somewhere.

liar2
12-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Crutchfield's page shows the price at back up to $330? I don't get it. I thought you said the rep said they were keeping the price at $280 until they ran out?

OdieTRP
12-01-2004, 08:41 PM
I did say that and that is exactly what I was told! I just called them to see what was up; the rep who I talked to (Rhonda) was not in. I just got her voice mail. So I called back and talked to another one. Apparantly it was a Thanksgiving sale and it's at regular price now. I complained a bit and they gave it to me for the $279.99 price. :clap: Sorry for the misinfo, I was just passing it along. I was going to wait until I was sure there was nothing else I needed, but I had to order it tonight. The funny thing is, there was never an ending date for the sale on the website.

liar2
12-02-2004, 03:03 AM
I don't have all the money to buy it yet... but is there a way that I would be able to get it at that price?

OdieTRP
12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm the wrong one to ask for that; I would suggest calling Crutchfield, explain your situation, and see what they say. One thing I can do is give you a refer-a-friend coupon where you will save $20.00 regardless of the price. At least it's something. PM me if interested.

liar2
12-02-2004, 04:58 PM
well, I have to pay a bill or 2 first, but I should definitely have the money next week. I'll try and explain my situation. But if not, then that refer-a-friend coupon would be excellent.

jb2xx
12-03-2004, 10:47 PM
What you need to do is call Crutchfield. They will have it advertized for $329 but once you call them, they will quote you the lower price.

I got my 9830 from Crutchfield & I am loving it. I just fell in love with all the features the HU comes with. You can control your sub from the HU so u don't have mess with a sub controller. You get 2 filters, one for lowpass & another for highpass. MX ---> 3 settings. It comes with a parametric 4 band equalizer as well which is nice. Has equalizer settings for different types of music as well.

You can program the different settings to each station if you want as well.
If you're interested, I can also provide you with a $20.00 discount coupon code they gave me. Drop me a message.

liar2
12-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Just as a follow up, I managed to call up crutchfield today, and I explained my situation. The rep was reluctant to give me the lower price, but he said he'd go ahead and honor it anyways. So after giving the refer-a-friend code that Odie gave me, I managed to get it for $259.99 :wacky: :peace:

So happy! It should be here next week!