PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Tweeter wiring?

Scarenius
11-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I took apart my roadmaster set (Maybe put decent modbass speakers in the box?) and after checking the tweeters, I noticed they have a very very stange crossover setup.

Positive attaches to a little HP crossover that looks like a resistor that then goes to the tweeter's positive terminal. Negative attaches to the negative terminal, then goes through a second HP crossover, exact same kind, and into positive! What the hell is that?

http://www.epicrevival.net/special/tweeter_setup.png

boister77
11-26-2004, 05:27 PM
looks like two resistors in parallel. maybe they were trying to use a certain resisitance that isnt' common so they had to use two resistors in parallel to achieve it.

NofriendsSpongr
11-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Dont bass blockers look sort of like that? maybe thats what they are?

bonesninja
11-27-2004, 10:41 PM
the real question is why the heck are you using roadmaster?

Scarenius
11-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Ok, I bought these things, Walmart special. I thought for $15 I get a nice box for 6.5"s and 3" tweeters. The fact that a cheap component set was with it doesn't mean much. That and at the time I'd never heard of Roadmaster. I had them in my room, and when you don't have ambient noise, they work pretty well. Then my little Mobile Authority 100 watt amp blows the tweeters up. Meh.

I know it's bass blockers, I just wanted to know why they wired it like they did. Usually just in series with the positive wire suffices. I'm not going to worry about it.