PDA

View Full Version : better midbass

jayroc2k
11-22-2004, 01:55 PM
i have the following in a 98 civic hatchback

focal k2 6.5 in the front, with tweeters mounted by the wing mirror and midbass in stock

coaxial cadence 5.25 in the rear
rockford amp powering the focal and sub
magnat sub 12"

i tweeked the sound to be louder at the front and the sub is set to kick in at average volume

when its below average it provides midbass fill.

i have now realised and accepted that unless i do some major insulation u cant get a decent midbass without a sub, is this a a car specific problem or there are tweaks to geting better midbass.

jayroc2k
11-25-2004, 12:39 PM
it feels very lonely and cold here

knock

anyone home?

squeak9798
11-26-2004, 08:55 AM
What do you mean by major "insulation"? Sound deadener?

Anyways....sounds like a setup problem. My 6.5" mids can vibrate my rear-view mirror....and I don't have any subs in right now ;)

jellyfish420
11-26-2004, 07:36 PM
what do you got, squeak?

iceteebone
11-26-2004, 08:05 PM
What do you mean by major "insulation"? Sound deadener?

Anyways....sounds like a setup problem. My 6.5" mids can vibrate my rear-view mirror....and I don't have any subs in right now ;)

i wish mine could do that, lol. actually i drove my moms 2000 impala the other day with a stock system and i saw little trembles in the rearview mirror from the 6x9's. there is a little factory amp tucked up under the rear deck, that's producing that bass.

squeak9798
11-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Nothing special..........old school Coustic Design Reference 6.5's. They amaze me though....I have them crossed all the way down at 50hz and they handle it like a champ. Only pop on extremely bass heavy songs :)

But amazingly they don't keep up with my horns still.....so I think I'm going try out either the Extremis or XXX mids till spring when I'll have time to install my 10" mids :)

iceteebone
11-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Nothing special..........old school Coustic Design Reference 6.5's. They amaze me though....I have them crossed all the way down at 50hz and they handle it like a champ. Only pop on extremely bass heavy songs :)

But amazingly they don't keep up with my horns still.....so I think I'm going try out either the Extremis or XXX mids till spring when I'll have time to install my 10 mids :)

well right now i don't have my 6.5's installed. i would love to see those pics with 10 mids when you get it done :omg:

squeak9798
11-26-2004, 08:27 PM
well right now i don't have my 6.5's installed. i would love to see those pics with 10 mids when you get it done :omg:

LOL.......see how one little symbol can change the entire meaning of a sentence :D That was supposed to be 10 inch mids, not just 10 mids.

iceteebone
11-26-2004, 08:30 PM
LOL.......see how one little symbol can change the entire meaning of a sentence :D That was supposed to be 10 inch mids, not just 10 mids.

lol, i thought that was overkill. next i was gonna ask where the hell you would put 10 midbasses.