PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to the Rainbow Dreamline series?

flakko
11-21-2004, 08:29 PM
plannin to get some later on and wondering if they are any good for the money.

3.5Max6spd
11-21-2004, 08:36 PM
a Rainbow entry set that can perform and even outshine other companies offerings costing much more- bottom line a great set for the money IMO

desertheat
11-21-2004, 10:18 PM
They look hot, I really wanna demo one of there sets.

flakko
11-22-2004, 02:16 AM
a Rainbow entry set that can perform and even outshine other companies offerings costing much more- bottom line a great set for the money IMO

what do you compare this comp set to, and how do they sound?? (opinions here)

6spdcoupe
11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Ive sold installed about 3 sets in the past couple weeks. As well as many others prior to that. great bang for the buck. Not too long ago there was a IASCA event (In Spain I believe) with these compared to Utopias. They came out above by 3points.....if that helps at all.

--Don

3.5Max6spd
11-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Ive sold installed about 3 sets in the past couple weeks. As well as many others prior to that. great bang for the buck. Not too long ago there was a IASCA event (In Spain I believe) with these compared to Utopias. They came out above by 3points.....if that helps at all.

--Don

Actually those were Soundlines.....

6spdcoupe
11-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Actually those were Soundlines.....

O yea Der. Been sellin alot of SLs I even confused myself.

flakko
11-22-2004, 04:39 PM
ummm okay hehe so like how bout the rainbows?? in your opinion

6spdcoupe
11-22-2004, 05:19 PM
ummm okay hehe so like how bout the rainbows?? in your opinion

I like em and personally run them in my car. Except I have the ProfiVanadiums/Kickbass. Honestly if I was on more of a tight budget and dint get the dealer accomidations I wouldnt have minded the SoundLines or even Dreamlines. In which case they might actually go into my wifes '05 Altima, if not Arc ACSs

--Don

flakko
11-22-2004, 07:08 PM
hmmm okay cool cuz they were so cheap i wasnt sure the dreamlines were that good compared to the other bottom level comps

pentaX
11-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Ive heard a set (no idea what line specifically) a customer had, that was powered by a couple of Zapco amps. He came to me to fit some deep bass in his BMW. It was a late 90s 325i.

It sounded amazing. I ended up adding an Eclipse 30 band, competition EQ to further adjust the sound. Built a typical sealed box, that vented through the reardeck, for a JL 10W6.

To me, it was one of the best sounding setups I have ever heard. They definately hang with the best, in my book.

3.5Max6spd
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
hmmm okay cool cuz they were so cheap i wasnt sure the dreamlines were that good compared to the other bottom level comps

On the contrary- being that a Soundline set (2nd from lowest offering) beat a set of Focal Utopias(top of the line) in an IASCASq event tells you that they are exellent speakers- I'd take a Dream line over some companies $200-300 sets....easy

flakko
11-24-2004, 02:48 AM
nice, dreamline sound ****.... is there anywhere i can hear them?? cuz the only place i know of has only infinity and some other wierd brand.

squeak9798
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
On the contrary- being that a Soundline set (2nd from lowest offering) beat a set of Focal Utopias(top of the line) in an IASCASq event tells you that they are exellent speakers-

That means nothing........honestly. Install, install, install. Focal Utopia's are easy to screw up, but that doesn't mean that when playing to their optimum the Soundline will beat them. It could have just been a poorly installed/setup pair of Focal's. Plus, IASCA isn't judged soley off sound. Install integrity, creativity, etc etc are judged as well. What's that mean? It means that the Focal's may have actually scored better than the Rainbows in the SQ judging portion, but the competitor with the Rainbows had more install/creativity/SPL points and edged out the win with those. But it in no way, shape, or form means that the Soundlines will always be (or every were) as good as the Utopias.

You can't base real-world off of competitions.........two completely different worlds. Case in point: Jason Ewing scored the highest on sound quality at an event with stock speakers....yes, STOCK. Does that mean that his stock speakers are as good or better than everyone else's high quality aftermarket speakers who competed that day?

It's kinda like when Kicker announced "Solo-X takes home SQ Championship".....

3.5Max6spd
11-24-2004, 10:28 AM
That means nothing........honestly. Install, install, install. Focal Utopia's are easy to screw up, but that doesn't mean that when playing to their optimum the Soundline will beat them. It could have just been a poorly installed/setup pair of Focal's. Plus, IASCA isn't judged soley off sound. Install integrity, creativity, etc etc are judged as well. What's that mean? It means that the Focal's may have actually scored better than the Rainbows in the SQ judging portion, but the competitor with the Rainbows had more install/creativity/SPL points and edged out the win with those. But it in no way, shape, or form means that the Soundlines will always be (or every were) as good as the Utopias.

You can't base real-world off of competitions.........two completely different worlds. Case in point: Jason Ewing scored the highest on sound quality at an event with stock speakers....yes, STOCK. Does that mean that his stock speakers are as good or better than everyone else's high quality aftermarket speakers who competed that day?

It's kinda like when Kicker announced "Solo-X takes home SQ Championship".....

You are lecturing the wrong person my friend- I very well understand the importance of install

I just made a subtle comparison/contrast that they are good speakers and perform very well, well enough that people that have used them have won competing with them, I proved this by using a factual event

And If its stated that the SLC's beat the Focal Utopia is because points in the SQ portion between both sets favored the SLC's, not overall score- nevertheless the vehicle came in 1st place

squeak9798
11-24-2004, 10:32 AM
And If its stated that the SLC's beat the Focal Utopia is because points in the SQ portion between both sets favored the SLC's, not overall score-

Proof? Scores? I've never seen them listed, just a site saying the SLC's were used in the winning vehicle...which doesn't mean they scored the highest in SQ.

3.5Max6spd
11-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Proof? Scores? I've never seen them listed, just a site saying the SLC's were used in the winning vehicle...which doesn't mean they scored the highest in SQ.

I've been using that link since beggining of summer when it took place in June, and the Article was longer, it specified that it won by 3 SQ points- it since had been editited/shortened by the company for whatever reason- same reason as to why 6spdcoupe mentioned the point difference- he read it too when I linked'm many months ago

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW.....that the person running the Focals did not do a better job in his install, or that he got better creativity points? what is unfair is
comparing a $300 set of speakers to a $900 set- in which in this case the cheaper
set won.....

I'm 27yrs old, a father and a business professional(not aquainted w/ caraudio)- I have no reason to lie- You can contact Rainbow if YOU need more hard evidence

Case in point- you have a problem with my posts and have too much time on your hands to try to pick them apart- I'm just trying to help others out with my experience with these products, as I've installed and tuned plenty of these particular products, it is a hobbie- and I take time out of my personal life to help, as I have met with some even to audition my car, or friends car

On the other hand you continue to post on hearsay about products you've never used and join in on some of the hype, and do so often- isn't that hypocritical?

Plenty of forum users here contact me on a regular basis, and appreciate my opinions and recommendations that come from EXPERIENCE- so many never get a chance to hear or play with the things I have and find the info I share w/ them rewarding enough to give these products a try- NONE to date have been unsatisfied with their decisions, as I dont run CRAP, nor do I recommend CRAP...... :)

squeak9798
11-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I've been using that link since beggining of summer when it took place in June, and the Article was longer, it specified that it won by 3 SQ points- it since had been editited/shortened by the company for whatever reason- same reason as to why 6spdcoupe mentioned the point difference- he read it too when I linked'm many months ago

All 6spd said was that there was a 3 point difference. He didn't specify where the point difference was (SQ, install, creativity, SPL, etc). But either way, it still meaningless and will only give people the wrong idea (oh look, if I use these SLC's it'll sound better than Utopia's because one guy in a foreign country did it once!). Much like the time Kicker claimed the Solo-X "won" a SQ comp. It misleads people.

what is unfair is
comparing a $300 set of speakers to a $900 set- in which in this case the cheaper
set won.....

It still means nothing.....as I mentioned, stock speakers have won. So what? Should we start recommending people to keep the stock speakers in based on that fact?

The rest of your post I simply don't care about.......LOL

3.5Max6spd
11-24-2004, 12:48 PM
The rest of your post I simply don't care about.......LOL

You are very quick to jump the gun lately on my posts- wether you misinterpret my posts or not, that I dont care about- please get off my sack, keep it moving :wave:

squeak9798
11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
You are very quick to jump the gun lately on my posts- wether you misinterpret my posts or not, that I dont care about- please get off my sack, keep it moving :wave:

Well, sorry you feel that way. The one time I misinterpreted your post I appologized for. The rest of the time I either simply disagreed with what you are saying, or felt it was misleading. Don't take it personal, I don't hunt down your posts just to "have fun" with them. I just see something I want to respond to and hit the quote button before I even look at the posters name. This time happened to fall into the "misleading" category.

anarchy57
11-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Dunno why your bashing on 6spd but he is a good guy and a very helpful guy also. he's helped me so much and is completely legit, hes got no reason to bs

squeak9798
11-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Don't see where anyone bashed him.

UndercoverPunk
11-24-2004, 08:21 PM
wow, there's alot of bullshit in this thread...