PDA

View Full Version : Which one fits?? Mixed answers

Zxcvtypo
11-21-2004, 05:31 PM
What are some good speakers that would fit the rear panels of a 1998 2 door Jeep Cherokee? When I bought the car the 2 rear ones were missing. I'm ordering an Alpine 9827 along with one set of rear speakers tomorrow from crutchfield, but i'm not sure which ones to get anymore...Some websites say that 6 1/2 inch speakers fit and some say they dont, and also some say the 5 1/4 fit and some dont. I was looking at the 5 1/4 Infinity Kappa 52.5's, but now i'm not sure if they fit or not because i've been hearing both. Would someone please let me know which ones would fit my rear panel and also if those kappas are a good choice? If not which ones would work? I'm running both front and rear speakers from the HU and planning on gettin an amp within the next couple paychecks.. I'm looking to spend less then 175..but no more than 200 for a pair, thanks.

http://www.mobiletoys.com/partners/infinity/v_details.asp?MAKE=24&MODEL=CHEROKEE&RECORD=1542&YEAR=1998

There it says that both are 6 1/2, and if that's the case then i'll go with the Kappa 62.5's i guess? but some other sites tell me that 6 1/2s dont fit..so confused

Sleeklsc
11-21-2004, 06:20 PM
first off dont buy from crutchfeild..imo..CHECK THIS

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1843

^90 bucks cheaper:) good company too!

you can go there to find speakers as well...alot cheaper the crutchfeild

Zxcvtypo
11-21-2004, 06:41 PM
no warranty or installation stuff though...i'd rather spend the extra money now then more later, but i'll look into it, also theres no free shipping..any information on the speakers that fit?

Sleeklsc
11-21-2004, 06:58 PM
no warranty or installation stuff though...i'd rather spend the extra money now then more later, but i'll look into it, also theres no free shipping..any information on the speakers that fit?

very true...yea, i guess just get all the goodies from crutchfield...as for speakers i dont no..i searched cardomain for a little while but couldnt really find anything for ya.

Zxcvtypo
11-21-2004, 06:59 PM
oh well, thanks for your help

Zxcvtypo
11-22-2004, 04:43 PM
alright i decided on the Alpine 9827 and 2 pairs of Infinity Reference 5002i's for both the front and back (taking advantage of the next pair half off before it ends on wednesday)..hopefully that will turn out nice