PDA

View Full Version : Ported Box Specs

kbkid
11-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Can someone run over these box specs for me. Someone made them for me and I am just checking to make sure they are pretty accurate. I think they are but I am just making sure. Ok the subs are going to be two 15" Resonant Engineering SEs.

First off... Should I make a seperate chamber for each sub? And should I make a seperate port for each sub opposed to having one big one I guess? The measurements I have are for two seperate ports.

Length = 46.25, Depth = 24, height = 18 (outside dimensions)

Port is going to be 2.5 x 16.5 x 17.25 depth (per subwoofer since I designed it with a divider)

each subwoofer has 4 cu ft + port + subwoofer displacement.

Cutout sheet will be:

port = 16.5 x 17.25 (you need 2 of these)
left side = 16.5 x 22.5
Right side = 16.5 x 22.5
divider = 16.5 x 22.5
Top = 46.25 x 22.5
Bottom = 46.25 x 22.5
Back = 46.25 x 18

Sorry for this being so long of a post I am just trying to get my stuff situated. If it is possible can someone draw these box plans. I would draw it but I don't know how to draw the port because I do not know how it bends and stuff.

Thanks in Advance for the Help,
KB

BASS OUTLAW
11-20-2004, 09:52 AM
i cant tell if ur dimenstions are right or not, cause i dont know whats ur tunning frequency. any ways
u can run with dual port to each sub, and different chamber. but in this way u will decrease ur enclosure net vol. because u r now adding another PORT displacement. nevertheless, u can run them both in one chamber, with a single port. its ur choice in the end.

check attatchment

kbkid
11-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Ok I think he said the tuning was around 35. Is that too high or too low or what? I don't know much about ports so thats why I told him just to do it. Is there advantages of going higher tuned of lower? Would it make a difference if the ports were in the middle or on the sides? Would it make a difference if the chambers were both open and two ports. Does that make sense?

BASS OUTLAW
11-20-2004, 10:06 AM
-35hz is more likely SPL oriented. (u dont need to tune higher) and it might not sound good (but will be louder).
tunning lower than 30hz will be more likely Sound quality setup.
-It doesnt matter where ports are placed, am just showing u some ideas, port can be facing the back of box, or at the sides, (left, right) or even at the top.
-yes chamber can be open , and two ports, ( i will do that with a single 12"), but then u have to recalculate the port tunning , cause each port will see X2 of the vol it was originally calculated to.

kbkid
11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Ok well he said he designed it with a divider in the middle and the two ports are on both sides. I am looking for a good mix of SQ and SPL. Do those measurements and port sizes seem right though?

BASS OUTLAW
11-20-2004, 10:18 AM
will be SPL>SQ ( it depends on ur ears, and the way u like bass,)

kbkid
11-20-2004, 10:24 AM
So it wouldn't be a very good mix of SPL/SQ. I was looking for about a 60/40 mix.