PDA

View Full Version : Box Builders look

KARLEON
11-19-2004, 01:29 PM
If anyone has the spare time, will they go over my box specs with paper and pen. I have bass box pro 6 but i dont know how accurate those programs are. And i just get thrown way off when it comes to tuning a box. I have tried and tried, but my math skills ****. I need to know final airspace of enclosure and how long my port needs to be for each tuning frequency listed below. I have 5 bucks for some nice plans. Thanks alot. Please try to do it ASAP because i want to start on the wood portion of my box this weekend

The box is a prism with a slanted front...

Dimensions are 33W x 16H x 38 (bottom Depth) and 29 (top depth)

I will be using 1" mdf (note, dont account for the wood displacement for the front of the box because thats going to be more so in the backseat. (i know sounds weird, but i know what im trying to say) and plus, i will probably double that 1 inch for my front board..but all that dont have to be accounted for since its going to be on the other side

Oh and i dont need to account for wood thickness for the bottom of the box because its fiberglassed.

Tuning frequency will be around 35hz (if u dont mind, also figured how long the port would need to be if i were to go with a 28hz tuning and a 33hz tuning)

Subs displace around .22 ea

will be using threaded rod for internal bracing

Port size is 15.5H x 6in wide

LBX2G
11-19-2004, 01:38 PM
send geroge or Jmac an pm

KARLEON
11-19-2004, 01:40 PM
i know JMAC computer crashed. Plus i wouldnt want to burdon him with more box plans than he already have..... I'll hit George up later though

LBX2G
11-19-2004, 01:41 PM
i would try but I am not that expericed yet......

but i heard bass box pro is a great program.

KARLEON
11-19-2004, 01:42 PM
send geroge or Jmac an pm

By the way, that girl in the middle of your sig :popcorn: i'd like to do this to her butt :spank: lol, nice sig...noticed it along time ago...figured i'd finally stop starring and comment on it

LBX2G
11-19-2004, 01:46 PM
thnx my home boi made it

but isn't the bottom of ur box going to be fiberglass????? so there should be some funny shapes there.

KARLEON
11-19-2004, 01:49 PM
yea, imma use packing peanuts or something to calculate that airspace....im thinking i should get about 1.5 - 2 cubes there

MikeofTulsa
11-19-2004, 02:18 PM
they'll need to know that airspace amount before they can do any actual calculations for the port length bro.....

KARLEON
11-19-2004, 02:22 PM
oh yea.... urgh.....say 2 cubes.......close enough...i'll try to figure it out for sure when i get off work..Good looking out

LBX2G
11-19-2004, 03:10 PM
well the calculator in audiobahninc.c said ur port lenght should be 91.34 in to achivce an Frequency of 35. Now i have kno idea if thsi is right or not.

Mr. Loki
11-19-2004, 08:54 PM
For starters I have to ask why you say you need 1 inch mdf are you looking at 6,000watts or more? If not then why couldnt you use 3/4. The tuning all matters on how tall the port can be, because the width can easily be 1 inch wide and be able to tune low with little depth. With that in mind are you after a slot port? Circle port? Give more info...or I can come up wit some plans if you give me the dimensions you have to use.

LBX2G
11-19-2004, 09:02 PM
yeah it is slot cus he gave 2 dimensions.

Mr. Loki
11-19-2004, 09:04 PM
ooops my fault could have meant square or circumfrence for cirle they all have 2 dimensions...and 15in height with 1 in width is gonna get lower.

Mr. Loki
11-19-2004, 09:06 PM
thats roughly 9 cubes also so he is an idea tell us the subs to better help us.

KARLEON
11-20-2004, 12:22 AM
wow, i had no idea my post was so complicated. I figured i had mostly everything you guys needed to know. Oh well, guess i was wrong. May i ask why sub selection is important? Especially if i already told you how much each sub displaces? I can see if i didnt give that information, but to answer your question its Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s.

Also, no im not running 6,000W or more. Im running roughly 2400. I never said i NEEDED to have 1" MDF but thats my choice of wood to go with. I dont know, i guess somewhere down the line i have picked up on the fact of having a sturdy enclosure is good. So the thicker the wood the better. Go figure, I DO HAVE A CLUE ON WHAT IM DOING.

Again, i do have a clue on what im doing. I know i can have a port that is 1inch wide but still have it tuned low. Im definately not dumb. I gave dimenisions for a reason. Only real question i can see on here is if it was going to be a vented enclosure, but i guess i assumed that would of been known since i gave the dimensions of the port.

Am i blind or am i the only one who see that i did give you dimensions of what i wanted my box to be like? No offense, but i really dont think i would like for you to help me out with plans. I got off work early today, i'll go ahead and figure it out myself... Thanks for all the help though

KARLEON
11-20-2004, 12:25 AM
urgh, i just re read my post.....Sorry if i sounded like an a$$. Had a bad a loooooooong day at work. Which I already predicted so that was my reason for my post. Figured while im at work, i could pay someone for some plans. I honestly didnt realize i didnt give enough information, and i now realize you were only trying to help. Again, sorry if i came off rude.

Mr. Loki
11-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Its cool man the reason I asked for dimensions is because I was gonna design one to fit in the area you had to use and see if you liked it I asked the size of the sub, because you said 16 in hieight and the sub is 15 so your gonna run into a problem there, because the sub is gonna create alot of pressure on those edges...take a piece of paper and draw a square then draw a cirlce inside that touches the top left and bottom edge...now your lookin at your box if you have the sub faced forward using your 16 heigh...now if they were 12s I wouldnt have said anything, but with that power and weight you will have to reinforce some around the subs or make your height bigger or face the subs up onto the 33wide if you understand me? Now do my questions make sense? Thats right you didnt want my help anyways did you?

KARLEON
11-20-2004, 02:16 AM
I understand where u are coming from.... u dont quite understand my enclosure....My first post, i was saying dont account for my front board...Think of a trunk with fold down back seats.....Well my front board is going to be there....So i will have plenty of room to mount my subs and port....But the box willl be into the trunk....and my max height is going to be 16in

Mr. Loki
11-20-2004, 03:02 AM
So you are going to face the sub up then correct? If I design a box with those dimensions will that be ok? Why did you account for 29top and 38 bottom depth? Draw a picture and let me see it.

KARLEON
11-20-2004, 03:21 AM
I **** at drawing pics. No way you will be able to understand what i was trying to say. Ok, my subs are going to be firing into the vehicle. Everything completely sealed off from the trunk. Its not going to be your ordinary rectangle enclosure. This enclosure is going to have a slanted Front. Which will give me 2 different depths.. A top depth and a bottom depth.

Ok, say if u were measuring my trunk. From side wall to side wall is about 33inches. from trunk bottom (not including spare tire well) to the top is about 16inches in height, And i explained why i would have 2 depths. (due to the slanted front wall)

Ok, i understand where you were coming from when u was saying 33inches wide and im using 15in subs...Therefore i had to think of another way. So thats when i got the idea to mount my Front board (sub frame) where my backseat would let up at.. (think of a vehicle with a backseat that can let up and down. well i wont be able to do that anymore due to my subs being there. That gave me alot more room to get more port area (reason why i wanted it to be 15.5H by 6W) Also gave me plenty of room to mount both 15 inch drivers. Just wont be able to let up my back seat anymore.

With that being said, hopefully you see why i said dont worry about accounting for the displacement of wood for the front of the box...Because its where my backseat lets up at....But when u take the measurements of my trunk, its 33w x 16h x 38 bottom depth x 29top depth..... Click on Project I wanna be loud in my sig....i have some pics maybe u can get an idea on where im coming from

Mr. Loki
11-20-2004, 03:35 AM
I kinda get the idea...now what all do you want help or ideas on? I have many ideas, but cant do anything now, because you dont want my help....lol sheesh

KARLEON
11-20-2004, 01:34 PM
well i was just needing to know how to get the tuning frequency that i wanted, but i figured that out.....But feel free to post your ideas... And again, sorry for yesterday. Long day at work. I load trucks and i work with a bunch of lazy a$$ people. So basically i was loading ALL the freaking trucks by myself while they talked on their cell phones, leaned up against the wall and watched me, or just walked around. So i may have came off a bit hard, and i understand all u was trying to do is help. So again, i apologize.

Anyways, feel free to post all your ideas. I have everything down pack though, but you may say something that i can apply to my install. By the way, u check out that thread? (project i wanna be loud) if so, did u like it? Should be starting back on it soon. Anyways, need to make a few quick runs. I'll be back to check what you posted

Mr. Loki
11-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Seems like a pretty good idea man. And Im sure those dps are gonna WANG. Should be sick wit the memphis. Electical upgrades right?! When I get my project going I will let you check that out...