PDA

View Full Version : speakers, need advice!

anarchy57
11-18-2004, 04:03 PM
I plan on getting speakers shortly and I think I'm going to go with components all the way around(I have a Maxima, 6.5 speakers all around) and the CDT CL-61's pretty much fit in my budget.

My question is, what amp would you guys recommend to power these speakers all the way around?

Sleeklsc
11-18-2004, 10:40 PM
well i'll say what every one else would.

how much money do you want to spend on both sets..?

you would be better off spending most of it on the comps, and the rest on a decent set of coaxils...

edit: oops got sidetracked...if you get the cdt's get a amp that is around 100 rmsx2 @4 ohms....and use the rears on the head unit...or buy a 600.4 or sumtin and run all to the amp...

anarchy57
11-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I can spend like 150 on both sets. Isn't it better to have components all the way around also? Cuz I sit in the back of my car sometimes also and I would like it to still sound nice back there

Sleeklsc
11-19-2004, 04:27 AM
I can spend like 150 on both sets. Isn't it better to have components all the way around also? Cuz I sit in the back of my car sometimes also and I would like it to still sound nice back there

well you have 300 total....

spend 200-225 on a good set of comps...

then spend the remaining on a good set of 6.5 coaxils($75)...alpine type r's make a good 6.5 for around that price...they will still deliver the sound you would like in the back seat...but front stage is much more important then rear fill..

3.5Max6spd
11-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Bro, I've heard Jairo (Playero's) car on www.maxima.org and he runs two sets of components(PG Ti Elites in the front, Diamond Hex's in the rear) and its way overkill, imaging is very F*#@ up....I dont recommend it all- a good set of coaxes being they place on the lower side of the door works very well in the maxima and offers an all-around good musical experience for all passengers- swivel the tweeter back to the rear seats and from the front of the car you notice a much fuller(midbass/midrange) response in the car- you will not be thinking your fronstage is lacking at all

anarchy57
11-19-2004, 02:31 PM
..a good set of coaxes being they place on the lower side of the door works very well in the maxima and offers an all-around good musical experience for all passengers

are you talking about putting coaxes in the rear? cuz if you are, i got a 4th gen and i dont have speakers on the rear doors, theyre on the rear deck

but thanks for the advice guys, its really helpin me plan my set up