PDA

View Full Version : wow - thanks Infinity!

velko
11-17-2004, 09:50 PM
I bought my Infinity 6x9s from an UNauthorized dealer. After a while I was playing around with one of those sound test CDs and noticed that one of the 6x9s wasn't right - it was cutting off above 8kHz. This is a couple of months after the install. It wasn't the crossovers - it was the speaker. E-mailed the co. I bought it from and they said that I could send it back to them. (and, BTW, I didn't even have a receipt from them since I paid by money order) The problem was that they said if they discovered that nothing was wrong with the speaker, or, that if the problem was because of the install they would have to charge $39.95. And this company only ships out Fed Ex so I could see where this was going, that to get my speaker back IF I sent it to them it would cost some dough so I said screw it and e-mailed Infinity HQ and they said send it in and I did. Just the one bad one.

About a month goes by. I didn't even miss the rear 6x9. Get a heavy *** box today and WHAM - a brand new f-in pair of 6x9s!!!!! I'm happy as *****.

bonesninja
11-17-2004, 09:54 PM
thats the kind of customer service all good reputable companys should have> bravo infinity

Strecker25
11-17-2004, 09:55 PM
infinitys a really good company, i blew a Kappa Perfect 12.1D unauthorized on ebay and sent it to them (even told them it was bought on ebay) and they sent me a brand new 12.1d straight from the factory fully warranteed. Good to see some quick nice service from a mainstream company like them

alti98
11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
infinitys a really good company, i blew a Kappa Perfect 12.1D unauthorized on ebay and sent it to them (even told them it was bought on ebay) and they sent me a brand new 12.1d straight from the factory fully warranteed. Good to see some quick nice service from a mainstream company like them
How long did it take them?

I just sent my 2 in because I blew them.

babyloc86
01-24-2005, 04:53 PM
where did you find the email address to infinity kappa? one of my 6x9 speaker is BROKEN (not blown) and im hoping they will fix that speaker for me =). should i send both of the speaker or juss 1 would be fine?

Trancer
01-26-2005, 01:49 AM
I wish I would have known that when my Kappa 60.5cs's took a crap on me

tRiGgEr
01-26-2005, 01:51 AM
One reason I run infinity comps and coaxils.:)

squeak9798
01-26-2005, 10:48 AM
thats the kind of customer service all good reputable companys should have> bravo infinity

But that's horrible service to their dealer. If Infinity is going to "warranty" items bought unauthorized, then what benefits are there go buying from a dealer and paying a somewhat higher price? Not many.

I frankly wish Infinity hadn't done anything.

squeak9798
01-26-2005, 10:51 AM
where did you find the email address to infinity

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product_support.aspx

Select your product from the pull-down menu and click submit, then click contact us at the bottom

joeboxer5876
02-01-2005, 11:40 AM
i contacted infinity about a blown crossover on my 60.5 cs and i told them i purchased them on ebay and they told me that they were sorry about the problem and they could warrent them so i had to buy a new crossover off of infinity

tRiGgEr
02-01-2005, 11:42 AM
and they could warrent them so i had to buy a new crossover off of infinity

They could, But you still had to buy a new one???

squeak9798
02-01-2005, 11:48 AM
They could, But you still had to buy a new one???

Probably a typo. Probably meant to say "couldn't" instead of could.

And nothing against you personally joeboxer; but I'm glad Infinity didn't warranty the item. More companies need to enforce their authorized/unauthorized sales policies.

Trancer
02-01-2005, 04:58 PM
ya could have just bought my crossover... I have two laying around :D

joeboxer5876
02-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Probably a typo. Probably meant to say "couldn't" instead of could.

And nothing against you personally joeboxer; but I'm glad Infinity didn't warranty the item. More companies need to enforce their authorized/unauthorized sales policies.

i agree with me buying a new crossover. i still saved cause of ebay. if i bought it off crutchfield and they didnt warranty it then i would be pissed. i think they handled it right and thats the way i expected them to handle it.