PDA

View Full Version : How is my set-up??

edmonton_mr2
11-15-2004, 09:34 AM
hello all...

1st of all want to tell you guy this is the best caraudio forum ever......

here is my set-up

91 toyota mr2turbo

Focal Utopia 6.5 " Midbass in the door tweet mounted behide seat aiming to ear
2 Focal 10" 27A Sub (250W Rms )

Alpine 9833 Hu
Alpine MRD-M1001 SUB AMP
Alpine MRV-F540 4 CH Speaker amp

also i have the 6.5 " type R comp that i want to install in the middle console to fill the rear . would that be wise???

1 more question I have read some where that to get the best sound from your componet speaker the mid bass and the tweet should be as close as possiable.. TRUE? <<< link or more info please....

any input in greatly thanx....

Mark_ab
11-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a good setup there. I would not bother with the 6.5" for the rear fill, there is no need.

req
11-15-2004, 10:11 AM
that tweet must be killing your head. im surprised your ears arent bleeding. but yes, for the best imaging, put them close. its like being at a concert- but having the guitarist to your left (and his amps\speakers) and the band in front of you.

isnt that just strangly annoying?

its like seperating all the music around. so mount them eaither in the A-pillar, or the kick\door panel.

but good setup so far mang. now get us pictures.

squeak9798
11-15-2004, 10:19 AM
also i have the 6.5 " type R comp that i want to install in the middle console to fill the rear . would that be wise???

Don't bother....it's not needed

1 more question I have read some where that to get the best sound from your componet speaker the mid bass and the tweet should be as close as possiable.. TRUE? <<< link or more info please....

It's a general rule of thumb, but it is by no means a commandment. I believe the general rule is that the tweeter should be no more than half the diameter of the mid away from the mid. But, that doesn't apply to every situation or every setup or every car. It's just something you have to toy with on your own, and find what you think is the best spot and what sounds best to your ears.

Nice setup by the way :thumbupw:

jayroc2k
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
i don't know why people insist on rules like, "no need for rear fill" and tweeters mus be close to driver"

a car setup is completly different from a home setup. i have just in stalled my Foacl componets , 5.25 coaxial in the rear and a 12 sub in my Civic.

after experimenting, sound stage height became more important then any thing, so i faded the sound abit to the front and have the tweeters by the side mirror for a higher sound stage, i cant imagine having to put the in the kick panels.

they sounded like it was coming from the floor

Most anoying!!

trick: know the rules then experiment for urself, at the end of the day, its you in the drivers seat. not me

Mark_ab
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
You can achieve proper stage height and imaging with kick panels. It takes some knowledge and work, however.

Good to see another Edmontonian, btw. I forgot to mention it in the earlier post. With you here we're up to 2...since some other loser that used to live here moved...and so did some other loser before that.

edmonton_mr2
11-16-2004, 09:48 PM
seem like people favor the F*ck the rear fill... the way my set up right now my bass is really over power my tweet that y i wanted to add more mid N tweet....

what if I bring all mid and tweet and moubt them in the front.... would that be better. anyway i will play around with it and keep u guy updated

Mark_ab ---- you live in edmonton too...

Ricktc
11-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. Just thought I'd say hi, nice to see some more (somewhat) local people on here.

-Rick