PDA

View Full Version : eclipse 54400 security disc?

LowLinc
11-13-2004, 08:30 PM
i got an eclipse 54400 deck from my cousin because he couldnt figure out whats wrong with it. all it says is 'sec disc' the eclipse has a key disc that needs to be installed whenever the power is lost correct? well i have no idea what it is as he bought the car used with that deck.

is there anyway to bypass that or reset it? i found a reset buton on the front of the deck but it didnt help me anyways.

DBfan187
11-13-2004, 08:36 PM
To reset it, you need the cd that was used to engage it. Sorry, but you're SOL. Call eclipse, see what they say. Or get in touch with the original owner.

forbidden
11-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Totally SOL . Go to an authorized Eclipse dealer and they can unlock it for you.

audiofanaticz
11-14-2004, 01:39 PM
When I had my deck and lost the sec disc the dealer couldnt do ***** for me, I was told by the company that I would have to send it in... Pretty lame..

LowLinc
11-14-2004, 02:18 PM
well the original owner was my great grandfather and he passed away, the car the deck came in was his. i have no clue who or where put it in. looks like i will be getting in touch with elcipse then.

JLCivic
11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
When I had my deck and lost the sec disc the dealer couldnt do ***** for me, I was told by the company that I would have to send it in... Pretty lame..

Worst case, just buy another copy of the disc you used. It should have been that easy.

The newer Eclipses(maybe last 4-5 years) can be reset at the dealer with a rolling code(which must be furnished by Eclipse).

forbidden
11-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Exactly correct Perry, which is why this person needs to go to an authorized dealer to have it unlocked and to fill out a ESN change of ownership form. For the person who went to an authorized dealer and they could not do anything for him, time to head to a new dealer.

audiofanaticz
11-21-2004, 07:27 AM
my deck was an old eclipse screen, 2nd deck I ever owned except for a din and a half alpine, so Im going to guess that I had this deck when I was 15 when I got my temps, and Im 22 now. lol