PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Premier 860 HU Owners

HeadyNuggz
11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm about to order this, except i read a review that stated it is very sensitive when playing burned cd's and will skip very easily if there is even the slightest scratch on the disc. Anyone who has one of these ever had this problem?

c0la
11-11-2004, 09:47 PM
my g/f had the 840 which i believe is just the previous yr. model for premier and that thing never ever skipped unless we hit a huge bump.. Read mp3/wma files,cd-r,cd-rw with ease... No problems at all reading any cds

danny_isr
11-12-2004, 12:00 PM
mine does that. it never ever skiped on bumps.
but it does if the CD is not perfectly clean.
i still need to try to clean the lens. might solve it who knows.

crash813
11-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Yes, it seems rather sensitive to scratches on both burned and regular cd's. More so than other HU's I've used in the past.

Professor Fate
11-14-2004, 03:48 PM
You guys did something to your deck cause mine hasn't skipped once since I got it. And all my cds are burned to prevent theft. triple lazer, is very high quality. Buy in confedance, Premier is just as good if not better than any other brand all the way around.

Neostar63
11-14-2004, 04:06 PM
No problems here. I was listening to a cd I burned three years ago. Its not it good condition and it did not skip.

danny_isr
11-14-2004, 04:19 PM
"You guys did something to your deck cause mine hasn't skipped once since I got it"

well , mine is only 1 month old. and it was like that from day one

Professor Fate
11-14-2004, 05:26 PM
than that is a one in a million manufacture error, send it back. Even ebay gives you a couple week return, if it wasn't reading right from day one. And if you bought it used, what do you expect. People don't get rid of 2003-4 models for nothing.

danny_isr
11-14-2004, 10:09 PM
who said i got it used ???? and who said its not reading right ?

i just said its more sensitive then expected to dirt on CDs or scratches.
i really doubt its one in a million manufactory err.

that's remind me another thread here that someone already suggested that the whine problem i had was from the H/U RCA and i should return it (wasnt the RCA's).

i bet all the 860 are the same , and they a bit more sensitive just like mine.

besides, i'm extremely happy with it . why should i return ?

That Guy 1
11-14-2004, 10:20 PM
mine works fine, no problems