PDA

View Full Version : heres a tricky one

bumpinaintEZ
11-10-2004, 08:18 PM
ok heres my problem, as u can see in my sig i have a 91' firebird, well i want to biuld a bow for my eternal that fits in the little storage hole, the problem in the box cant fit without having a chuck cut out of the middle so it will fit because theres a latch that comes out, my question is, is there any type of felxible wood that i could use, or should i jsut make it a v-shape to get around this obsticle?

Moe Lester
11-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Fiberglass it in there

bumpinaintEZ
11-10-2004, 08:51 PM
not really an option, i lack material, skill, and tools to do it, i live nearly 100 miles away from ne store that has nething lke that, and i can get mdf pretty easily..sooo i would prefer to go with that

req
11-10-2004, 09:13 PM
not really an option, i lack material, skill, and tools to do it, i live nearly 100 miles away from ne store that has nething lke that, and i can get mdf pretty easily..sooo i would prefer to go with that

www.ebay.com

you can buy fiberglass\resin\stuff on there for fairly cheap, and it will look 100 times better. i guarantee you.

its not NEARLY as hard as you think. my first fiberglass project turned out awesome. i spent tons of time doing it because i did it a little at a time, and was patient.

but it turned out great. i strongly suggest you read the 'how to fiberglass' stickies at the top of the fiberglass\box help forums.

follow those, and your box will turn out incredible. turst me. :clap:

bumpinaintEZ
11-10-2004, 09:18 PM
thnx for the help, I ran across a custom ported enclosure thats supposed to fit there, so i might get that..still deciding.
Thanks for all the help