PDA

View Full Version : help fault in my pioneer 8400

pq5911
11-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Can anyone help me to get my pioneer 8400 car stereo working.
I use to have to wiggle the flip down face plate around to get it working but now it has stopped all together and i cant seem to get it working.i noticed a copper strip indide the face plate release button that probably does something but i cant seem to get it working .
Can any one please please help me out as im going made with no sounds in the car.
My flip down face plate jammed against my coffee mug when opening a few times and this may have contributed to the problem.
many thanx
Paul quigley

kjwiehoff
11-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Hi Can anyone help me to get my pioneer 8400 car stereo working.
I use to have to wiggle the flip down face plate around to get it working but now it has stopped all together and i cant seem to get it working.i noticed a copper strip indide the face plate release button that probably does something but i cant seem to get it working .
Can any one please please help me out as im going made with no sounds in the car.
My flip down face plate jammed against my coffee mug when opening a few times and this may have contributed to the problem.
many thanx
Paul quigley

E-mail pioneer, they're pretty good about that stuff.

c0la
11-11-2004, 11:39 PM
check the black trim piece that goes around ur HU,,, there is a cable that extends to bring down the front face...if ur trim piece does not have a slot in the trim so the cable doesnt rub or what not then u will have to send it in for repairs. cost is around 100 bucks

had same prob with the 840 premier

Professor Fate
11-14-2004, 05:01 PM
You have to be carefull with any moving face HU. dont fix it your self, as you will fail and have to pay more to fix. unless easy fix like cOla said.