PDA

View Full Version : L7 box help

apexi5
11-09-2004, 01:03 PM
I am building my own box for my L7 and I want to port it. I was wanting to know, cause Im horrible with math, what size should my length width, and height of my box be if it is 3.25 cu. ft. Also if anybody can tell me how long my port should be and if I should use a circle or rectangle porting.

Your help would greatly be appreciated.

tRiGgEr
11-09-2004, 03:06 PM
L x W x H = volume in inches. divide by 1728 to get cubic feet.

Any body telling you what your dimmensions should be is retarded. Go out to your car with that handy tape measure and measure what you got to work with. Then go from there.

Thats asumming you have a car :)

apexi5
11-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Actually I do have a car, and all I want is to let my L7 perfrom at it's peak. Its not cool to assume that I dont have a car, because when u do that it makes a ***-out-of-u-and-me.

woahloud
11-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Don't be an *** about it. It could of been for a friends car, or anyone elses. That, or it was used in home. He didn't know, thats why he said " assuming you have a car"

kjwiehoff
11-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Actually I do have a car, and all I want is to let my L7 perfrom at it's peak. Its not cool to assume that I dont have a car, because when u do that it makes a ***-out-of-u-and-me.

What do you mean by perform at its peak? SPL or SQ?

kjwiehoff
11-10-2004, 03:13 PM
I am building my own box for my L7 and I want to port it. I was wanting to know, cause Im horrible with math, what size should my length width, and height of my box be if it is 3.25 cu. ft. Also if anybody can tell me how long my port should be and if I should use a circle or rectangle porting.

Your help would greatly be appreciated.

You have to find the amount of room you have first. take 3.25 x 1728 and thats your cubic in. take your first measurement, like width if you want it to go all the way across and divide (3.25 x1728) by your width, then your height, and you'll have your depth... if it doesn't work for you, pm the measurements to me and i'll do it.... and circle ports are a lot easier IMO.

Zash
11-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I also am preparing to build a ported box for an L7. What should I tune my one 12" L7 to?

apexi5
11-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Alright Im wanting my box to be 13'' tall, 13'' long and the top to be 13'' by 13''.
If you cant tell this is my first box. Will that measure up to be right. Im still not gettin were the 3.25cu. ft comes in. I slept throught all my math classes. If u havent been already to tell.

Zash
11-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Basically you measure how long you want it to be, how tall you want it to be, and how deep you want it to be. Then you multiply those three together...
L*W*D= #
You then take that number and divide it by 1728. That will tell you how many cubic feet your box is. You also should include subwoofer displacement. Refer to the Kicker L7 Techinical Manual for more information. It even has designs for L7 ported and sealed boxes. Just use one of those for your first box. It will be much easier.

jtomsic
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
ported box, pm Jmac, bia bia, or old_school they'll design u a box.

apexi5
11-11-2004, 01:59 PM
I got my dimensions. thank guys.