View Full Version : cheap 6x9s for ~$50
11-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Heres the deal... I need a pair of 6x9's for my "new " old car. Just got it as a hand mwe down from my mommy dearest (<---sounded effing ghey!). I have to drive this bucket till next summer, and i can sell it then so i am just looking for sumtin cheap to run straight off of the deck. THx Guys!
11-06-2004, 12:45 AM
welp.... for 50.00 you won't get anything exciting... I'll tell ya that. I have Dual 6x9 in my car right now.. but that's with a whole new stereo setup. I know DUAL isn't the greatest brand but it is in your price range and can be found at HH Gregg or Best Buy. Listen to them yourself before you buy them though, you may or may not like them. I only got them b/c they were cheap and provided some highs in the rear so that I wouldn't have as much "rear fill." Remember you only hear about 20% of the sound from the rear speakers. The other 80% is coming from the doors/front speakers.
Btw, my setup. Pioneer Premier 960mp, 2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVC, DUAL 6x9 and Alpine Type-X 177A components in the front.
Never buy from best buy or circuit city--if you want the best price. Go to ebay and see the same speakers for half sometimes 1/3 the price. Crutchfield.com has good descriptions of speakers to figure out what you want. Then go to ebay and type in the model #. Guaranteed lowest price, trust me. Just make sure you buy new speakers.
11-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Never buy from best buy or circuit city--if you want the best price. Go to ebay and see the same speakers for half sometimes 1/3 the price.
Or you could support your local dealers and buy from them :thumbupw:
Anyways, check out Pioneer, Alpine and Infinity. They should be real easy to find, and make good quality speakers.