PDA

View Full Version : gutted (non sticking primer)

robbie_turner
11-04-2004, 07:10 PM
i primed my sub box last night, came 2 rub it down 2night and half of it came off with a flannel. its put be back another 24hrs- beginning 2 **** me off now. still its my first one learnt allot of things so the next one should take half the time

skeptikal
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
just keep at it man... no sense in starting over if you can fix it. just take your time... i remember a quote from like 3rd grade...

"Good things happen to good kids that wait."

robbie_turner
11-04-2004, 07:15 PM
not going 2 give up, just pissed off as i could had gone out and got drunk with my mates 2night but decided 2 stay in and get it done was hoping 2 have got a good couple of layers of paint on it by now.

jtomsic
11-04-2004, 08:27 PM
get some sort of fan blowing on it it'll dry faster.

skeptikal
11-04-2004, 08:30 PM
very true.... you could get a cheapo fan from Dollar General, walmart, meijer or some department store that you have around your area for liek 10$ regardless, it will still help dry it.

robbie_turner
11-04-2004, 08:50 PM
been using a hairdryer but at least one of those will give a constant heat. In fact i have already got one of those heaters- u need it in the UK its cold here u know !!1

skeptikal
11-04-2004, 08:56 PM
been using a hairdryer but at least one of those will give a constant heat. In fact i have already got one of those heaters- u need it in the UK its cold here u know !!1

naw man you dont even need a heater... just a regular fan to get air circulated over it. by blowing air over it you are forcing the hardener to dry.