PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass

vtec_powah
11-03-2004, 11:59 PM
so i got my first project started, made my mold, and now its out of the car, my question is, what do you guys use to hold down my front fleece before putting on my fiberglass i was thinking a glue gun would be fine, anyother suggestions

Acidburn
11-04-2004, 12:01 AM
hot glue gun works for me

ANeonRider
11-04-2004, 12:04 AM
combination of hot glue & spray glue adhesive.

req
11-04-2004, 08:31 AM
glue gun all the way. just make sure you got MANY glue sticks handy. four or five wont cut it.

just remember, hot glue is... well...its ******* hot. and it will seep through the cloth and burn the **** outta your fingers. so use caution (and maybe a latex glove :) )

and make sure you stretch that fleece TIGHT man. it can never be too tight, so make sure its very 'springy' and not saggy when you get it all glued in place, it will be more work if its saggy.

and dont forget- do your best to coat the inside and the inside seams with resin too... this will strengthen the box immesly. and if you can - try an get a layer of glass on the inside.

anywhere\anyway you can make it stronger = better.

good luck- AND TAKE PICTURES!

:needpics:

TPABlazer
11-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I guess IM the only one that uses CA (super glue) and an accelortaor... i hav enver had good luck with hot glue... either it cools off too fast or not fast enough..ro doesnt permeate thru and just barley holds anything.

Go tot he hobby shop and get some ca glue (big bottle) and accelerator.. sets in 10 seconds without accelerator, instantly with