PDA

View Full Version : need help with fiberglass

vtec_powah
11-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi, Im a newbie to this forum, and about to start my first fiberglassing project, my question is, when i make my inital mold inside the car do i just paint a few layers of resin on the tape, and wait for it to dry, then pop it out and put the fiberglass mat on, or does the mat have to go on inside the car, cuz i tryed doing it like this and had an extreme amount of trouble doing it, so i pulled every thing out and im gonna start over.

thanks for your help
Darryl

vtec_powah
11-03-2004, 12:12 AM
also i wanna know does it have to be fiberglass a mat, or can i use just regular fleece??

req
11-03-2004, 09:30 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38665

copy that EXACTALLY and it will work.

paint a layer of resin, use eaither fiberglass matte OR fiberglass weave - FLEECE IS FOR THE FRONT to make the contour shape that looks cool - NOT FOR STRENGTH!

fiberglass = strong
fleece = cool shape

use one layer of matte\weave in the trunk, wait to dry, then take it out and keep layering.

Apoc
11-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Copy the sticky thread, I did all of my layers at one time inside the car, I am almost done with my kicks....Just gotta finish the fleecing and fiberglassing over the fleece.

vtec_powah
11-03-2004, 06:13 PM
thanks for the help guys, i restarted my project, and it coming along pretty good, as soon as i get it done ill put up some pics.

P.S. this stuff takes alot more resin than i had thought so far ive made 2 trips to the autoparts store to buy more.