PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KVT-715DVD is it good?

sentra04spec v
11-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I was looking to buy a dvd player and I can get this one pretty cheap, but i was wondering how it stacks up against the rest of them out there? Is it worth it? ANy help would be appreciated thax

Ryde _Or_Die
03-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I searched but this is the only post I got really. So anyone have/had this and like/dislike it? Feature-wise it seems great. As for the looks, um I don't dig it when its closed, but thats me. But I like the sirius ready, touchscreen, HD radio ready, 5v preouts, and it plays everything possible (MP3s, WMAs), dvd anti skip protection, and alot more. But more importantly, how does someone that has had it like it?

bhsswrstlr
03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
its a nice deck, very well made, and the z-flip that kenwood designed is great. i dont know if i would purchase it simply because for oh say 100-200 more $$$$ you could get the 815-dvd and it comes with a digital display under the screen. other than that...a very nice deck.

bellx1
03-08-2005, 01:18 AM
i have the 815dvd which is mostly the same thing but w/ the display under the screen. i dont really care for the looks of it closed either, but i think the screen quailty is pretty **** good. i compared it to the avic-n1 and thought it was alot nicer, but maybe that was just cause it was setup poorly in store?? i thougth the kenwood had much better black levels, its a larger screen, the menus are pretty easy, etc.
i got the pnav-815 deal so i have navigation as well which is pretty sweet and how i justified spending all that money to myself lol

ExS
03-08-2005, 02:29 AM
DO NOT get 715 nor 815. their mechanical moving mechanism is VERY FRAGILE. Just look how fragile when the screen slides out.

fathom 7411
03-08-2005, 03:18 AM
The 715 is decent depending on how cheap u can get it. if u get it some place like best buy get a service plan on it. reason i say this is because i got two for two of my buddies and actually the display motorization hasnt gone bad but the it doesnt like to accept cds or dvds sometimes it just goes in half way then gets stuck. its nice but me personally ive seen a buddy you have been thru 1 eclipse, 3 pioneers, 1 kenwood and a alpine and all have taken a **** in one way or the other in about a year so i wouldnt spend the money regardless. id say get a xbox, a standalone monitor , and a nice headunit and just fiberglass it to the dash and it will do the same thing.