PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Help!

Midnyte
10-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey all, just recently my HU's been basically dead. It's a Kenwood eXcelon X759. When I turn on my truck, it flips over and is lit till right about where it takes it's position and then it kinda flickers and goes off. Sometimes it isnt even lit when it's turning around and sometimes it's on but really dim. Once it's over the thing doesn't even come close to working and pressing the reset button you can hear a slickt tick from the speakers but it doesnt do a thing... Any ideas guys?

supa_c
10-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Check the wiring on the H/U.
Does it save the presets,clock... ?

Midnyte
10-31-2004, 07:57 PM
It doesnt get that far... Like when it goes from it's black backside, flipping over to the actual face, the screen starts to turn on and dies when it's setting back in...and sometimes it doesnt really even light up at all while rotating. I took it all apart and checked all of the boards and didn't see one black burnt spot.

supa_c
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
So it works but when you turn it off and it goes into " stealth" the face looses power ?
The ribbon to the face might have damage

Midnyte
10-31-2004, 08:01 PM
When i'm turning it on from "stealth" to normal it starts powering up and dies... the face still rotates, the screen and buttons are dead though... I was also thinking it might be the ribbon or something, i dunno... it (the ribbon) looked pretty good when I checked it earlier.

supa_c
10-31-2004, 08:03 PM
It seems like the ribbon is broken/damaged.
Fiddle around with it and see if you can get power to the face

Midnyte
10-31-2004, 08:08 PM
I'll hafta try that... I wonder if it's possible to buy ribbons separate lol... I miss my music =/

supa_c
10-31-2004, 08:11 PM
I highly doubt you could do that.
It might be one of those sent it in, wait a month deals

Midnyte
10-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Well I took it apart again, the ribbon appears just fine... What's weird is that it sometimes does it's own thing, like when i urn off the ignition and let it sit, a lil while later it'll flip over by itself n such... Also, when the ignition is on and the normal side is out, my amplifier doesn't light up either....very weird ya know?