PDA

View Full Version : Box Finishing, paint ?

`pr0digy
10-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Okay, so I was thinking of painting the box for my sub. The box is in the open (wagon), so I want it to look decent (although I keep a blanket over it anyway, I still know it's there, hopefully others don't). I was thinking of getting the Duplicolor "Mirage" paint, which is the type of paint that changes color based on the angle that you view it (like on some cars).

My question is, do you think this will look decent ? The paint itself looks neat as hell, but, as my girlfriend pointed out, most people blend their box in with the car, and a tan interior + green/blue/purple/black/etc paint doesn't exactly match.

ss3079
10-30-2004, 07:30 PM
AuroraV8 painted his enclosure for his A Series with that chameleon paint - looked pretty cool too, in a grey (IIRC) trunk.

As for it looking good ... if you think it looks good, that's all that matters ;)

If it was me, I'd probably stick to a solid paint color that matches your vehicle a bit better.

- Steve

`pr0digy
10-30-2004, 07:34 PM
hmm... perhaps the green/silver would look better on a tan background than the purple and other darker colors.

Here's the green/silver one:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/mirage_4.gif

This paint looks so ******* neat, I just don't know if I can "fit it in" to my car.

ss3079
10-30-2004, 07:35 PM
I'd definitely go with the lighter colors if I was trying to make it look good in a tan interior.

- Steve

DFW40
11-01-2004, 05:40 PM
I just painted mine with that paint that makes it look like stone or a rock. They had it in several different shades. I picked a gray with balck specs and it looks nice.

profoundwill
11-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Where did you find the paint that looks like stone??

davesexplorer
11-04-2004, 09:52 AM
lowes has it.. spray paint section...

boister77
11-04-2004, 03:23 PM
another alternative to paint is a truck bed liner spray, for example line-x. i sprayed my enclosure with it and it looks extremely nice and it's extremely durable. if you plan to stick with paint, be sure to seal/prime your box first so the paint won't be absorbed by the wood. a good sealer that i use is kilz original sealer.

jellyfish420
11-05-2004, 12:25 AM
hmm... perhaps the green/silver would look better on a tan background than the purple and other darker colors.

Here's the green/silver one:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/mirage_4.gif

This paint looks so ******* neat, I just don't know if I can "fit it in" to my car.
you might think so, but i painted my mirrors with the green/silver. and it is mostly green, you have to get in just the right angle to get the silver...don't get me wrong it changes colors, but mostly just green,blue,purple,teal. i've used most of the diff colors of that mirage spray cameleon, don't go by the cap. they all look diff. my fav is purple/green i believe.