PDA

View Full Version : Help carpeting

skeptikal
10-29-2004, 03:10 PM
aright guys i need help... I am sick of looking at that ugly *** MDF all the time. I need to find out how to carpet a box. i kinda get the basic idea but the fact that i have never done it or seen anyone do it doenst help. I can get a roll of carpet around here for pretty cheap too so im not concerned with the money. anyone know what kind of bonding materials i should use or anything? thanks in advance!!!

req
10-29-2004, 04:19 PM
get yourself some 3M Super Adhesive spray (the best, ive used 3 kinds of spray and this is by far the best) a can is gonna be ~$10 and then the carpet (who cares)

basically take the spray, and spray a nice heavy (dont make it puddle up) mist all over the first face of the box (usually the one with the baffle) until is "heavily tacky) and spray a bit onto the back of the carpet.

then spray the next side (top) and pull\flatten it there (same procedure) and keep going round the box like youd wrap a Xmax present. (make sure you end up on the side that WONT BE SEEN and end in the middle of that side with both ends of the fabric!)

once you get here, spray the 2 sides that didnt get covered yet, and fold the fabric like you would a present - kinda pinch the middle of two sides in and then pinch the other two sides in so it forms an X like shape, now you will ahve 4 piece of fabric jutting out...

fold one of these over, and take a VERY SHARP RAZER and slice through all 4 overlapped pieces of the fabric down to the box... carefully (with out ripping it off) pull the pices you cutt off the rest, and rub the seam together...

this will produce a perfect un-see-able edge.
your gonna wanna practice first.

X2 sheesh.

skeptikal
10-29-2004, 04:29 PM
lol ty req ;).