PDA

View Full Version : Street B

crhye250r
10-29-2004, 09:12 AM
I would like to compete a little bit next year in some DB Drags. I want to stay in Street B though. I will be using a 97 Z71 extended cab. The seat will be removed. Will that kick me out of street B? I wont be using a wall. I am just trying to get my rules straight before i build the system.

Ricktc
10-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Removing the rear seat will put you into Street Max. What equipment will you be running? If it's the stuff in your sig, you must remove 2 of your 12s and only run 1 battery in the stock location to be legal, and all of the enclosure/equipment must be below the window line and entirely behind the b-billar. If you need any help with any of the rules for Street B let me know I know 95% of it off by heart seeing as I ran Street B this season and most likely will again next season.

-Rick

BlkMica_03
10-29-2004, 12:32 PM
i also am thinking about competing what class would i be in judging by my sig?

Qckrun
10-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Current Setup
Pioneer headunit 6500mp
American Bass VFL 150.1
2-12" Pbx (thanks tplaya for the pbx's) in ported box tuned to 39hz
memphis components 5.25"s all the way arround
powered by a 16-PR100.4
secondskin- Spectrum v2
luxury liner and damplifier pro. (Thanks ANT From Second Skin)

That is your sig.

Right now you be in Street B and u can add another amp. Depending on how the box looks ur in Street B... If you have a wall u can be in Street Max 1-2. In B you only get 1 battery.

1 15, 2 12's, 3 10's, 2 amps 1 battery=B
Any sub, 2 amps, 1 battery=Street Max 1-2.

If i were i would go in B and get another VFL 150.1. Depending on vehicle u could possibly do pretty good.

Qckrun
10-29-2004, 01:06 PM
I would like to compete a little bit next year in some DB Drags. I want to stay in Street B though. I will be using a 97 Z71 extended cab. The seat will be removed. Will that kick me out of street B? I wont be using a wall. I am just trying to get my rules straight before i build the system.

Depending if you have bench seating or the fold out seats like S-10s have. If u have a bench type seating in the back box has to be under the seats, as the seats have to recline into the stock position. If you have seats that are on the side of the car like most S-10s and Ford Rangers do, you can build the box right here, and do not have to worry about them folding down as it is not a dedicated seat.

Theres a big difference in the truck situation... pretty weird but if you have a bench type of seating box has to be under the bench, otherwise its all game, just the box cannot be above the window line.