PDA

View Full Version : mods can you stop threads from deleting in here?

maniackilla
10-26-2004, 03:35 AM
it appears as though older threads arent appearing when i view the pages. they work if i search, but the main pages dont list the threads.

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69890&highlight=maniackilla

one of mine is there, and when i search for the title i find it, but when i view the good/neutral feedback forum i dont see it.

is there anyway to stop the autodelete-from-main-page since this region has grown and helped vastly?

davidfre21
10-26-2004, 04:26 PM
yea i had my original threads deleted which had like 5 people in them

Bigrick31
10-26-2004, 04:36 PM
ya know i think we should all get little stars or something like on ebay put next to are names and people can leave feedback in there so when you wanna find out about someone just click on their star or whatnot and see what people have to say.

ss3079
10-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I have no idea ... send the Administrator a PM - he'll get back to you with a response.

- Steve

iceteebone
10-26-2004, 11:53 PM
go to the bottom of the page and there is a drop box and it says last month. click on the arrow and go to begining and then click show threads and it shows all the threads that have been posted

maniackilla
10-28-2004, 08:27 PM
im not seeing that option, what page is it on?

iceteebone
11-02-2004, 08:57 PM
im not seeing that option, what page is it on?
it's on the first page that pops up when you click on buyer/seller feedback. below all the threads on the first page is the little drop boxes.

sumone
11-03-2004, 12:53 PM
x2...you're only showing "recent" threads. towards the lower left on a forum thread list is a section called "Display Options"....and an option called "From the: " [change this value]

Mindless
11-06-2004, 08:50 PM
When your selling something just link your feedback to the sale or add them in your tagline under References

CarAudio.com Admin
11-08-2004, 10:33 AM
This should be fine for you now. What was wrong is the forum was set to only show posts from the last month, or 30 days. Posts older than 30 days weren't being shown. You can change this setting on each forum to your preference by editing the fields in the "Display Options" box in the lower left corner of each forums main thread page. You can set it to only display posts from the last 7 days, month, 45 days, etc. By default, I've set it to display threads posted from the beginning of when the forum was created.

iceteebone
11-08-2004, 12:55 PM
This should be fine for you now. What was wrong is the forum was set to only show posts from the last month, or 30 days. Posts older than 30 days weren't being shown. You can change this setting on each forum to your preference by editing the fields in the "Display Options" box in the lower left corner of each forums main thread page. You can set it to only display posts from the last 7 days, month, 45 days, etc. By default, I've set it to display threads posted from the beginning of when the forum was created.

how come when i put my screen name in the search it doesn't come up with any threads when there is like 4-5 feedback threads? i always have to go through each page and find each thread. is there a way to make the search where it searches the whole thing so it would be easier for someone to type in someone's name and be able to get all the threads about that person?