PDA

View Full Version : looking for ideas on box

cadi-mac
10-24-2004, 07:23 PM
i just traded in 3 infinity 1232w's in 3 vented boxes for 4 12" cerwin vega vmaxx svcs the box that the shop gave me is a ridiculous design if you ask me they have a 2 chamber box with two subs on top and two subs on the front now the problem with it is the chamber wall is in the middle so 1 sub on top and 1 sub on the front are in the same chamber 90 degrees from each other and pretty much cancelling each other out these for subs arent even as loud as 1 of the infinitys i had ---if anyone has any ideas for a better box design i would appreciate it sealed or ported whichever you think would sound louder also i am using a directed 750d on all 4 subs is that not enough power??? im just looking for some input any responses would be appreciated

bigred78797
10-24-2004, 08:45 PM
How much space are u working with and are you good or somewhat desent at making boxes... and what are U looking for in a box SPL, SQ, both. Just glance at my website, it may spark a few ideas for ya. I might be able to help you with the design provided i have the time this week.

cadi-mac
10-24-2004, 09:23 PM
its in the trunk of a 92 DEVILLE im not sure if you are familiar with the trunk size i will get the exact dimensions in the morning i havent built a box b4 but a friend is pretty good at it and will be helping me im looking for spl but wanna keep the good sq these subs have thanks

Apoc
10-24-2004, 10:58 PM
if you give the dimensions to OLD_SCHOOL, he can make up one hell of a box design. Modest price of $8