PDA

View Full Version : ported box

jellyfish420
10-22-2004, 07:08 PM
here is a question for all you ported box guru's...i was wanting to build a box for my 2 10's with the port in the middle. but the port is longer than the box is deep. so i was thinking to "T" it in the back both directions, but then it would be 2 boxes sharing 1 port. my port is going to be 12.5 x 4, so would i make the back parts 4, and the middle 4...or the back part 4 and the middle 8(since 2 ports actually join, and share a common space) or would i keep the middle 4 and make the back parts 2????? or should i just put the port on one side because this will be the easiest way. i know on the side will be easier to build and design, but i like the look of the port in the middle. someone please help clear this up for me. thanks.

one more question, do you think 50in^2 is overkill on port area for 2 RE 10's?

jellyfish420
10-22-2004, 11:37 PM
to the top

BASS OUTLAW
10-22-2004, 11:50 PM
there is flush vents if u ever seen them,
they somehow look like the "T" shape u talkin about, cause the vent is wider at the end,
am really not sure if this will work with a slot port or no, wait for other replies.

PS: from u get those funny @$$ warnings, plz send me some or show me from where u get them :)

jellyfish420
10-23-2004, 08:29 PM
so would i divide it in half, (on paper), and figure it for a 2" port? or just use my 60" length i got for the port on the side? 60-depth=length it should go into each side?

Exaran
10-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Why not run a partition down the middle of the port to actually split it into 2 ports and 2 boxes? Seems safer that way to me, and it would still pretty much look like one port in the middle, 'specially if you paint the port and the partition flat black or something.

It makes the calcs easier, and if one sub blows or something, you'll still be able to use the other half safely.

req
10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Why not run a partition down the middle of the port to actually split it into 2 ports and 2 boxes? Seems safer that way to me, and it would still pretty much look like one port in the middle, 'specially if you paint the port and the partition flat black or something.

It makes the calcs easier, and if one sub blows or something, you'll still be able to use the other half safely.

roger that

just make seperate ports for each sub and put a divider up the middle- the best\safe way to run it. IMO

jellyfish420
10-25-2004, 08:54 PM
it also adds .75" to the width. and i cant really spare it. thanks jmac. i got it all figured out. i just split it in half, drew out 1 box with a 2" port, then just copied it over to the other side.