PDA

View Full Version : Help with car alarm....

BDIDDY
10-21-2004, 09:01 AM
I went to electronic express and they told me if I have this car alarm:

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=preaps996&store=&catid=297

That I couldnt add an extra alarm to it. I see some extra sirens on etronics and was wondering if I could add one or two of those to my alarm system.

Also is that a very good alarm?

req
10-21-2004, 09:16 AM
look at DEI (directed electronics) starters\alarms. they are goodish.

never heard of that one.

BDIDDY
10-21-2004, 12:01 PM
look at DEI (directed electronics) starters\alarms. they are goodish.

never heard of that one.

Prestige is made by audiovox. And I kind of already had my mind made up on this alarm. My main concern was whether or not I could add another siren to it..

BDIDDY
10-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Any Help????

Anyone???

sumone
10-23-2004, 02:26 AM
probably you can. not that I know a lot about alarms, but if they say you can't cause of the amount of current, just use a relay :)

use the siren wire from the alarm brain as a remote turn-on, and relayed to multiple sirens (or even other stuff if you want). siren wires are most-likely positive so just do

- brain's siren + wire -> relay #85
- relay #86 -> ground
- battery+ -> fused @ probably 10 amps -> relay #30
- relay #87 -> the multiple siren's positive wires

siren's negative wires->ground

sumone
10-23-2004, 02:28 AM
only problem I can think of is the relay is too slow for those chirps when you arm or disarm, but I doubt it would be that significant of a factor.

BDIDDY
10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info...

I'll try that and also I will try to find out more information as I go along.

Again thanks..

jiggy2dmax
11-12-2004, 09:20 PM
You can add a siren to that alarm by wiring it in paraell(sp) with the siren output. However, you cannot add a battery backup.

6spdcoupe
11-15-2004, 02:52 PM
You can add a siren to that alarm by wiring it in paraell(sp) with the siren output. However, you cannot add a battery backup.

Correct..any alarm can have sirens added to it.

False, please show the info that lead you to this...Ive done plenty. Then again Prestige alarms also typically dont have a ton of life expectancy....

--Don

BDIDDY
11-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Correct..any alarm can have sirens added to it.

False, please show the info that lead you to this...Ive done plenty. Then again Prestige alarms also typically dont have a ton of life expectancy....

--Don

So you can't add sirens?

Also I've found out what I am gonna eventually do...

I am gonna go with autolock. They make something that goes on your starter and you cannot steal they car. You have to tow it away to steal it. I was reading in the local paper and they said that this guy just put 1500$ into an alarm and all sorts of stuff. He had 2 bars on the steering wheel. Within a month someone stole his car and it was right under his window when they stole it.

Sleeklsc
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
its always good to buy the alarm were your gettin it installed...thats what i do..cause there are so many thing that can go wrong with them...and when it does brake ur gunna have to take the brain out to get fixed wich could take some time...if you buy it from a shop the'll generally give you a new one....in my cases atleast:)