PDA

View Full Version : winISD PRO driver question

req
10-21-2004, 08:15 AM
ok so i got the TS parms out of the manual for this driver, and its not working, heres what i got;

Fo- 35.2 (fs?)
QMS- 3.04
Qes- .55
qts- .44
vas- 1.5ft^3
Ebp- 66 (wtf is this)
Re- DVC 8
spl- 88.3
xmax- 14 (maybe peak\peak? it does have quite the surround though)
le- .72mH

so what else do i need for winISD PRO to take the driver? its saying i having a "Qms, Qes, and Qts" constincancy check.

i know its a crappy sub, but it was $1.5. i got 2 of them for 3 + shipping (minimal) and im giving them to her.

any ideas?

dbornotdb
10-21-2004, 09:59 AM
QMS- 3.04
Qes- .55
qts- .44

so what else do i need for winISD PRO to take the driver? its saying i having a "Qms, Qes, and Qts" constincancy check.

My math says the QTS should be .47. I don't know if the .03 is gonna make a difference in that though.

But so you know, some T/S doesn't include the QTS. But here is how you find it from the QMS and QES.

QTS = (QMS x QES) divided by (QMS + QES)

I'm gonna plug in your numbers and see if I can make mine work.

dbornotdb
10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Ebp- 66 (wtf is this)

Thats the numbers that tell you what enclosure the sub is gonna work good in. In this particular instance, vented.

I don't know what sub you have there, or what it recommends, but real fast I came up with a mostly flat response and low end from a 3 cuft tuned to 30 hz with a 4" port 9 5/8" long. That is for 1 sub. :evil:

When you plug in the QMS and the QES, it automatically does the QTS for ya. Just don't change it. The FO you have there is the FS and if you don't know a number for a particular slot, skip it.

req
10-21-2004, 11:01 AM
well, the subs were incredibly inexpensive. and i was lookin to use it for about .8 per sub - tryin to keep it small for the lady...

i got ~200w to feed them (100 per sub) from a profile ca 2ch amp.

but you say they 'SHOULD' work good with low end and ~30hz? thats exactally what i wanted =)

and im glad they will work well vented, cuz thats what i wanted too.

heres the auction i won (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5722811710&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT)

so i was thinking a total volume of 1.2~1.5ft^3 (after displacements)

and you suggest using a single 4" round port? thats waht i was thinking of doing to save some time\volume.

and also using 1\2" MDF stead of 3\4".

ill plug those #s in and see if it likes me this time.

//edit

what i did was i deleted the Qts and had it auto calculate it. now i can save it. do i need to put in the other information (im planning on measuring the woofer tonight so i can do basket\magnet volume)

dbornotdb
10-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Are you wanting to have 2 subs in 1 box with 1.5 cuft after displacement?

req
10-21-2004, 11:45 AM
yea i really dont want it too huge. maybe 2ft^3 at most, she likes to haul all her school ***** and her friends and soccer bullshit all over the place... so i cant take up 4ft^3 or anything :)

trying to keep it tall\skinny in a wedge againts the rear of the back seats;

http://www.asterixband.com/andy/jeep.jpg

similar to that, but not as big - its just a refrence...

MAX dimensions are;

36" wide
19" tall (to the back of the top of the seat)
12" deep (imagine a board 90 degreese to the floor butting up against the top of the back seet, the base of the board would be 12" from the base of the seat, and touching the top)

and if i had to, i could go out maybe 4" more at the top\bottom...

i want the box to be a triangle basically. and just throw the ports on the flat face toward the bottom... i changed the idea a little, but that pic helps.

//edit
image fixed

and im looking for smaller ported box, 2 8's in around 1~1.5cubes

dbornotdb
10-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Well by going with winISD, I would use only 1 sub in 2 cuft with a 4" port 16" long. Thats alot of space for 1 8. :crap:

Someone else might be able to come up with something else I also tried sealed, no go.

req
10-21-2004, 01:14 PM
the picture is changed from what it was, i made the triangle type box... and thats how i would like it to be in order to take up as little space as possible. i just gotta figure the angle correctly. itl be like 1.5 cubes MAYBE 2.

and if im ambitious, ill fiberglass the front to volcano style...

you dont think it can be that small borntoDB??

req
10-21-2004, 02:47 PM
You might want to read the "Help" file in WinISD Pro ;)

i did. and that made no sense =)

some of us havnt memorized the terms for all that stuff (yet)... and i really dont know the full meaning of what all that stuff does. but they just listed the wrong Qts in the manual, so i deleted it and it auto calculated it for me.

now its all good.

but im still trying to figure out the best port size...

everything i put in here is way too long 25+ inches of port area for ~30hz tuning. the only way i can get it shorter is by making the port like 2" diamater or 2x1 rectangle... im trying to keep the box around 1.2 for both 8's + port displacement.

any tips jmac? :(

i really wanna try and learn how to do this, it might just be the program and the specs for this 8...

req
10-21-2004, 03:56 PM
2.5 ft^3 with two 3" round ports that are each 11" long looks good on BBP6 (2.5 ft^3 tuned to 33.6 Hz) ... or one 4" port that is 9" long ...

good deal. ill try and see if i can make the box a little bigger for the 2.5^3... i hope she dosnt get upset with a huge box =P

i might have to go smaller but sealed :bawling:

oh well. they will still be a TON of thump for her.

thanks a TON jmac. ill have to download bbp6 :blush:

now ill get to work on a 2.5^3 net wedge + .06ft^3 (or 113.04in^3) of port displacement. (2.56ft^3 + sub dispacement)

i would go with the 2 3" ports for more port area, but i dont think i have that kind of depth to work with. maybe i can angle the front face and come up with it. we'll see.
shouldnt be too hard - i just have to get the angle on the back correct.

WEEE! build time this weekend.