PDA

View Full Version : JVC KD-AR5000 - Your Thoughts?

DJ FADE
10-21-2004, 05:23 AM
has anyone used this head unit? i know for the most part jvc isn't all that great, but this head unit looks like it has a lot of great features to tweak the eq's, high and low pass xovers, etc. i also love the "pict" feature, although its completely visual. i wouldnt be using any power from the headunit, all my stuff is amped. what do you guys think?

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027173&pathId=52&page=1

theres one for 255 on ebay right now. i have to down step on my head unit to get some extra money for college. thanks everyone.

yeshewa
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
as a [I]former sales guy and installer of circuit city i can tell you jvc is actually a fairly reiable HEAD UNIT as for their other stuff not such a fan, but very few customers back with them

DJ FADE
10-22-2004, 05:00 PM
thanks for the info yeshewa. anyone else have any opinions?

ewalberg
01-30-2005, 08:05 PM
bouncing this one to the top again... i'm in the market for a new head unit and i'm into this AR5000 unit because it looks simple. I'd like to keep a factory (simple looking) unit.

Also heard good about the SQ of the Clarion dxz745, but it's not so stock looking.... accept on that one i think you can make all the buttons the same color with 250+ choices i should be able to get it to match.... but it's got lots of annoying text all over the face telling you what neat features it has.

Any new expeririences?

Thanks ahead of time