PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Vs. Isobaric Volume

Jonahdude
10-19-2004, 08:06 PM
If you have a single sealed box at the recommended volume for a specific subwoofer, can you just install another sub on top of it and wire it backwards, or should you increase the box volume?

jellyfish420
10-19-2004, 10:37 PM
you have to half the volume for isobaric.

Jonahdude
10-19-2004, 10:43 PM
So... a sub with a recommended box volume of 0.5 ft^3 would only need 0.25 ft^3? That doesn't make sense to me... someone please explain.

Jonahdude
10-20-2004, 12:08 AM
So, if I'm not mistaken, with a sealed enclosure the recommended size for one sub you could use four subs like this?

Jonahdude
10-20-2004, 02:08 AM
TTT before I go to bed...

Exaran
10-20-2004, 10:53 PM
So, if I'm not mistaken, with a sealed enclosure the recommended size for one sub you could use four subs like this?

You are not mistaken

Jonahdude
10-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Also, if I'm not mistaken, giving them each the same power you gave that one sub would result in the same output as 2 subs in a box four times as big?

helotaxi
10-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Four subs in two iso-pairs in a box the size required for one of the subs getting four times the power of one would provide the same output as a pair of subs in a box twice as big. Iso loading a pair of subs doubles the Mms and halves the Vas. The doubling of the moving mass halves the efficiency. Treat each pair as a single sub with half the Vas and twice the Mms and twice the thermal power handling.

Jonahdude
10-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Four subs in two iso-pairs in a box the size required for one of the subs getting four times the power of one would provide the same output as a pair of subs in a box twice as big. Iso loading a pair of subs doubles the Mms and halves the Vas. The doubling of the moving mass halves the efficiency. Treat each pair as a single sub with half the Vas and twice the Mms and twice the thermal power handling.

Thanks, that answered my question. :)