PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Pros and Cons of dual chamber and single chamber boxes (Sealed)

ChuteBoxe515
10-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey guys, I just bought me two re SE 15s. To keep the third row of my Expedition, I am going to but these boys in a sealed box. My question is what is the benefit of a single chambered sealed box with both in it, or two single chamber boxes for each sub. If I did that, I would put one sub on each side of the truck. Let me know!!

RattlinStratus
10-13-2004, 02:02 PM
I heard this not sure if it is true but...
A box with both subs in the same chamber may cause the subs to get damaged because amplifiers do not put out the same wattage even if they are identical brands and everything. That is just a theory and never heard it actually kill a sub, but a chamber per sub I think is better just because the subs arent feeding off of each other they are doing their own thing. However, something makes it seem that the two subs in a single chamber could be louder. I am not sure. You can get two separate boxes which is what I do, but I have heard that the dual boxes are supposed to be louder than two separate ones? Dont know why but thats what I heard, then again it was a guy from Circuit City so I dont believe that one bit.

Vausen
10-13-2004, 02:57 PM
separate chambers is better IMO. Less worries about cancelation.

davidfre21
10-13-2004, 03:27 PM
only reason i know of why u should use more than 1 chamble is that if one of the subs blows, it wont damage the other sense its in its own box...

RattlinStratus
10-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Nothing in this paragraph was remotely true ...
I was just saying what I heard, I dont know if its true or not. I just wanted to tell him what I was told!

VOA_NIGHTMARE
10-14-2004, 01:35 AM
I just had my dual 12S in a single chamber due to the fact of not enough room. I loved it. But yes theres much more benefits from using separate enclosers but if stuck on the space yet need alto of air space the single chamber is what I had to do.