PDA

View Full Version : HELP! i know you can help me out

customlt1
10-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Just got a jeep cherokee w/ infinity golds all around..the driverside backseat speaker is missing..to fill it it is a 6 1/2..would a 5 1/2 fit and or sound good? im thinking of putting a boston acoustic i have laying around but its a 5 1/2..would ne old 6 1/2 work? thanks all!

RattlinStratus
10-10-2004, 10:53 PM
It should work, as long as the speaker fits and the ohms are correct then shell work. Did you already post something before? Personally I would change all speakers and not just one, it may sound retarted with a different size and brand.

customlt1
10-11-2004, 03:15 PM
thats what im wondering if it will sound ***** with a diff size and brand..ne one else got an opinion?

req
10-11-2004, 03:46 PM
it might, depending on your personal expierence with audio equipment, hell. i know people who have 4 different 6x9 2-way AND 3-way speakers and a stock HU and claim it to sound great. but, they are complete idiots who get thier stuff at flea markets in the ghetto.

so, it prolly wouldnt sound too bad, but i doubt it will sound great. and as long as you make a braket to fit the 5.25 in the 6.5 hole - you will be fine.

squeak9798
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
thats what im wondering if it will sound ***** with a diff size and brand..ne one else got an opinion?

Not exactly sure what constitutes speakers sounding ***** (other than listening to the voice of a gay man through them............. :D )

But regardless, You'd atleast want a matching pair somewhere (preferably up front). It would probably sound a little odd having one speaker different than the others.