PDA

View Full Version : Need help with speaker choice

Goose13
10-10-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm putting together a setup for my car and decided on the Alpine CDA-9830 head unit but am at a crossroads as far as speaker choice. I've been reading about a lot of speakers, like Adire, Morel, and Image Dynamics to name a few. Aside from going to a store and listening to them I wanted to get some opinions from more experienced users than myself first. I listen to mostly rock/classic rock/metal with very little rap and want something that will bring out the guitar and drums more and is clear as opposed to something with more bass. I'm on kind of a budget so I don't want to spend an excessive amount of money, but if I need to spend a bit more for quality I will.

Thanks guys

squeak9798
10-10-2004, 10:06 PM
How much are you lookin' to spend for the speakers?? And do you have an amp or will you need one also??

RattlinStratus
10-10-2004, 10:43 PM
I would suggest Infinitys, you can run them off your HU (not to their fullest) but they sound good. They are very efficient with power, and if you want to get an amp, I would suggest the cheapest being Profile Clarus, I really love my Alpine V12. I dont care what people say, but the Infinity References are phenomenal for the money! Ebay is the way!

Goose13
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
To answer squeak, I'd like to keep it around $500 for the speakers, this is for the front and back. I dont intend to get an amp right away but probably will later. Also, is there anything "wrong" with more mainstream company speakers, like Kenwood, or Pioneer? I never read anyone on many message boards talking about them unless it's a sub.

Thanks again