PDA

View Full Version : what would be the component speaker equivilant to Shivas as Subz

Zinthesis
10-10-2004, 01:12 PM
what would be the component speaker equivilant to Shivas as Subz??

looking for extreme sq component speaker performance for a cheap price ... like the shiva subs are to the subwoofer shelf

DarrenE46
10-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Talk to Tim a.k.a. Tplaya07. He specializes in CDT but can get pretty much whatever you want. If I remember correctly, I paid less than $200 for my EF-51 components.

squeak9798
10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Just don't get trapped into the CDT hype on this forum.

But, I'd have to say that this is an insane deal: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-99eEqFBgUyt/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=76500&I=500SPX177A&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=alpine

The RE comps seem to be great for the price also.

Also, there is always DIY :D

Zinthesis
10-11-2004, 07:47 AM
CDT vs ALPINE's Type-X SPX-177R

i think CDT won't be able 2 keep up..

and also have you's heard the MPQ splits?? aparently their good but a little underground

Masta GimP
10-11-2004, 09:23 AM
The Type-X Alpine is selling is 177A. It's last years model. The 177R's handle slightly more power and have a dark-grey cone. :-P I'm getting some soon, that's how i know

`pr0digy
10-11-2004, 09:26 AM
CDT vs ALPINE's Type-X SPX-177R

i think CDT won't be able 2 keep up..

and also have you's heard the MPQ splits?? aparently their good but a little underground

Why does everyone just keep calling them CDT's ? WHICH CDT's ? I'd take my hd-62's over Type X's any day. Not because of any "hype" either, because they are very good speakers.

DarrenE46
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Why does everyone just keep calling them CDT's ? WHICH CDT's ? I'd take my hd-62's over Type X's any day. Not because of any "hype" either, because they are very good speakers.

I was going to say something along those lines, thanks for sticking up for the CDT guys! :)

squeak9798
10-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd take my hd-62's over Type X's any day.

Personal opinion. Not everyone feels that same way. But with the way this forum talks up CDT (all of their components), you would think that CDT is the only speaker brand worth purchasing; which isn't so. It all comes down to personal opinion and preference.

BryanGsu
10-11-2004, 10:22 AM
how about the koda component set?

Apoc
10-11-2004, 11:01 AM
they are nice, but I would stick with CDT. Better value in my opinion.

squeak9798
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
they are nice, but I would stick with CDT. Better value in my opinion.

And you've actually heard both, right??

ngsm13
10-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Well, from what i've experienced...and i've owned all three...
CDT cl61a (1" silk tweets)
Diamond Audio HEX 600s (1" silk tweets)
CDT EF-61cfi (upgraded 560 xover, 1" silk tweets)

IMHO, my favorite set is the CDT EF-61cfi. Even tho you'd THINK it'd be a downgrade from the DA hex's...i like the CDT ef's better. The DA Hex's lacked mid-bass imo, they have a VERY shallow from. I picked up the CDT's from djdilliodon for a GREAT price, IM him sometime if you need to...his aim name is the same. good luck, peace

NG

Apoc
10-11-2004, 06:27 PM
And you've actually heard both, right??

I havent heard both but I have heard lots of CDT compared to other sets and I cant imagine that Kodas can sound very much better...CDT is top notch.

Apoc
10-11-2004, 06:30 PM
I picked up the CDT's from djdilliodon for a GREAT price, IM him sometime if you need to...his aim name is the same. good luck, peace

NG

Actually, tplaya07 is the man to get the CDT speaks from, he got me more than half off on my speakers that I bought several weeks ago, just mention my name when you talk to him.

3.5Max6spd
10-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm a big fan of the CDT HD's....I like them much more than the Euro's-go fig
But anything below those lines just is not that great and better overall sound can be had , the CL's and EF's just do not sound right to me and I would'nt recommend them to anyone even for the price...they are in the same league as Infinity reference/kappa's- harsh and unimpressive-IMHO.my .02 cents

VoTran24
10-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Personal opinion. Not everyone feels that same way. But with the way this forum talks up CDT (all of their components), you would think that CDT is the only speaker brand worth purchasing; which isn't so. It all comes down to personal opinion and preference.

I' have the cl-61's sitting in my closet right now. A few months ago everyone was praising the cl-61's because they cost 150 at thezeb. A lot of people made it seem like they are going to sound 10x's better than stock and sound better than a lot of speakers that cost more. After i got it, i installed it to a 4 channel rockford amp and didnt like the results at all. was it because i didnt buy the iek with it? i have no idea...after 2 weeks i decided to put my stock speakers back in and power ed them with my headunit amp. I was much more satisfied with my stock speakers. I dont want to offend anyone so im just saying this based on my personal experience..maybe you will have better results with yours.

So basically I agree with squeak. I got caught up in the hype, and now i feel like i wasted 150. Just because its from cdt doesnt mean that its gnnna be better than everything else. Im not saying that cdt isnt a good company though, because i've never heard any of the lines higher than the classic series. If i could choose again i would probably save up a lil more to get the hd series or the kodas. I just dont want to go through the process of taking out everything again to install it to a amp. goodluck with yours

3.5Max6spd
10-11-2004, 07:18 PM
OZ Vectors, Arc Audio Kar seriers, Diamond CM3's, Rainbow Sound Lines, and Kicker KX's are amongst my favorite econo/beginner set of components

Apoc
10-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Instead of letting those speakers gather dust in your closet, why dont you sell them on ebay or on CA for that matter?

nosaj070
10-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I will also throw in a vote for the Spx-177a's, I find it hard to believe that too many people have heard them in a legit install. They are very tough to beat for 160 bucks authorized, under warranty, from one of the best companies I have ever done business with. The X-over alone on the alpines is worth most of the money, they handle a lot of power, and IMO have the perfect balance of detail and soft sound in the tweets. Midbass is also very impressive. the CDT Cls aren't bad, but in all honesty in a choice between the two, the type-x's would come first.

Apoc
10-11-2004, 07:32 PM
OZ Vectors, Arc Audio Kar seriers, Diamond CM3's, Rainbow Sound Lines, and Kicker KX's are amongst my favorite econo/beginner set of components

What are you choices for high end components then?

squeak9798
10-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I havent heard both but I have heard lots of CDT compared to other sets and I cant imagine that Kodas can sound very much better...CDT is top notch.

CDT is okay, but there are plenty that are just as good and better. And unless you've heard the Koda's, you can't really say that "you can't imagine they'd sound that much better", because they quite possibly could. IMO (no offense), you just need to gain a little more experience before you go judging the CDT's against products you've never heard......because you always think that it can't get much better than the best you've heard so far; but it does ;)

Apoc
10-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Sorry about that, I thought that Adire only sold the Koda midbass speaker, I didnt know they had a component set to sell

Zinthesis
10-12-2004, 02:46 AM
CDT HD-62 's vs SPX-177r 's

start giving me the opinions .. i dont care bout price i just care bout goodness.. iv oned the spx-177a's but not the 177r's and iv sold the 177a's because i lost ma job n needed money but now iv got ma life back on track... do i go 4 HD-62's?? or the new SPX-177r's SIMPLE QUESTION.. dont just say yes or no.. tell me why?? PUNCHIER MIDS??? SQUEEKY TWEETS??

3.5Max6spd
10-12-2004, 09:05 AM
What are you choices for high end components then?

most of these can be had at or below $200, high end company's low lines can put to shame alot of companies middle/high end stuff- you just have to search out of the norm and not just look for something cheap as opposed to look for something that is the best value for your $$