PDA

View Full Version : infinity 5000cs

brandontw
10-09-2004, 10:23 PM
We just installed some 5000cs's in my freind car and they make a hissing sound when the music is at a lull, but high volume, what do you think might cause this? we have them hooked up to a profile 2 chanell amp.

supa_c
10-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Make shure that ground is nice and clean.
It could be the culprit
Also,
ask those gloves, i bet they were up to no good

ighettoboyi
10-10-2004, 12:40 AM
sorry ahead of time for a useless and non constructive post but infinity comps **** and so do profile amps

supa_c
10-10-2004, 01:41 AM
sorry ahead of time for a useless and non constructive post but infinity comps **** and so do profile amps
I was going to point that out, i felt it wasnt necessary
But you cleared that up really nice :)

ighettoboyi
10-10-2004, 11:55 AM
it's all outta experience too, my comments

i'm not just hating on the mainstream and cheap stuff

brandontw
10-10-2004, 01:43 PM
well, he listened to a lot of speaks and he liked these the best, even better that expensive mbquarts, cant blame him for following his ears. im not sure i agree with his ears, but thats none of my business. infinitys are harsh, loud and always seam to have uneccesary sounds like popping, hissing, cracling or whatever i have had bad times with them to and will never buy them again, but thats what he wanted, soooo.... ya know, im not gonna tell him what he wants. and profile amps are cheep and a hell of a lot better than other cheap amps, so on a tight budget they arent that bad- they put out theyre power and have some features, what else do you want for 50 bucks?

brandontw
10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
he might just have to live with the slight hissing.