PDA

View Full Version : Alpine's with Fantom Face

DarrenE46
10-06-2004, 10:24 AM
What does everyone think of these head units? Are the motors reliable? I really like the fact that since my car doesn't have tinted windows and I dont plan on tinting them that this deck hides itself. I have had decks with removable face plates, but after a while I ususally just leave it attached or if I did take it off I would just stick it under the seat or something. So if anyone can recommend these one way or another, I'd appreciate it!

Randy Savage
10-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I used a 7897 for over a year, never had a problem with the motor.

`pr0digy
10-06-2004, 10:56 AM
My Alpine CDA 9815 has a detachable face plate. I take it off whenever I leave the car, and either put it in the door (can't see it) or, if I'm leaving for more than 10 minutes, I lock it in the glove compartment. I've never had a problem with the motor, and the tilt feature is really nice, I didn't realise that until I got in my mom's van the other day, it was so hard to push the buttons and see the screen :p

ANeonRider
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
My Alpine CDA 9815 has a detachable face plate. I take it off whenever I leave the car, and either put it in the door (can't see it) or, if I'm leaving for more than 10 minutes, I lock it in the glove compartment. I've never had a problem with the motor, and the tilt feature is really nice, I didn't realise that until I got in my mom's van the other day, it was so hard to push the buttons and see the screen :p

He is talking about the 1.5" DIN faceplate models, with a DIN brain.

Friend of mine had one and it worked flawlessly.