PDA

View Full Version : difference from Type R's to CDT HD62's?

Forty-Ouncer
10-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Hey guys. ive done a lot of shopping over the internet for car audio without doing much listening before i buy. this is because in all around my area i do not have much access to anything other than infinity, RF, MTX and pioneer

ive wasted a lot of money of speakers that have dissapointed me in the end. what i want to know, cause there is nowayy i can hear them for myself...

what is the differnece if i switched from my type R 6.5" components to say a pair of CDT HD 62s?

Will the CDTs be LOUDER? CLEANER? all around better?? is it worth the price gap?

also, will anyone buy my type r's or mb quart DSE's??

themainjam
10-05-2004, 11:25 PM
i like my type R alot but i have not heard the CDTs although alot of people will vouch for them. just as many seem not too........

Sleeklsc
10-06-2004, 12:00 AM
what size are the mb's?

jtomsic
10-06-2004, 12:10 AM
i love my type rs, why arent u pleased with urs? not enough midbass?

Forty-Ouncer
10-06-2004, 09:28 AM
both speakers are 6.5"

i dunno man they just dont sound as good as i thought they would. they dont get too loud either even with 110rms each side

`pr0digy
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
I must admit, I've never heard the Type R's, but I have nothing but good things to say about my HD-62's. They have good highs, and I love the mids too. Make sure you seal the door up real nice, and the mids get even better! :) Also, they get way louder than needed, imo. I have 150 rms on em (Well, 150 hifonics 14.4v rated, so more like 130 prolly), + I have the gains on the amp turned wayyy down, so I doubt I'm giving them more than 100 rms (per door), and they are freaking LOUD, and I know they have the ability to get way louder.

Unless you have severe hearing problems, I really think the HD-62's get plenty loud ( and sound good doing it! ).

desi_daru
10-06-2004, 07:22 PM
holy crap u guys feed em alot of power, im feeding mine ~60w rms to each side, hrmmm i got a 4chan amp and only usin 2 chans, maybe ill bridge it n see how they sound :D

but so far i like my type r's not dissapointed at all, they get loud and are clear

Forty-Ouncer
10-07-2004, 02:18 PM
dude, what do you mean by seal my doors up nice and tight? I have my Type Rs installed in the door with a speaker cover around them with the bootom cut out to let in more air.

what can i do then to the install to make the sound better???

and also, how much power can they actually take? they are rated at 50wrms and im feeding them a solid 110wrms now off of a MRV-T420.

would buying that exspenive monster wire instead of using the wire they came with make a difference?

UndercoverPunk
10-07-2004, 02:30 PM
wire won't make a huge differance unless the wire you're using is tiny. As far as what you can do to make them sound better...

Make kickpods, I LOVE mine

kjwiehoff
10-07-2004, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Forty-Ouncer]dude, what do you mean by seal my doors up nice and tight?

he means seal up the inside of the door with sound deadening material with emphasis on the area right behind and around the speaker...

ighettoboyi
10-09-2004, 12:58 PM
uh....i personally don't like the type r's and i for one can vouch for cdt