PDA

View Full Version : Kicker comps?

corollapower
10-05-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm wondering if kicker's got some good component sets?

I currently got a set of K65.2s but they ain't all that and I'm soon gonna get twoL7s so I need something to match? Gonna but a SX 900.4 for'em(two sets)? :confused:

Or if not kicker, any other brands I should look for? :uhoh:

Norcalracer283
10-05-2004, 03:14 PM
CDT, Focal, Dynaudio, Alpine. Kicker isnt that great. I hated my kicker speakers. I am swapping them out next week for type R's. Look to something besides kicker for sure when it comes to speakers.

RattlinStratus
10-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Yes I second that, do not get kickers you will be disappointed. My friend had a 2 pairs of components and thought they sounded good till he heard my infinity coaxials!

Sleeklsc
10-06-2004, 03:36 AM
Yes I second that, do not get kickers you will be disappointed. My friend had a 2 pairs of components and thought they sounded good till he heard my infinity coaxials!

ooooooooooooo,what a burn!

corollapower
10-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks. I'll look into something other than kicker then :banghead:

Polecat
10-06-2004, 01:34 PM
CDT, Focal, Dynaudio, Alpine. Kicker isnt that great. I hated my kicker speakers. I am swapping them out next week for type R's. Look to something besides kicker for sure when it comes to speakers.
funny how you have our name in your sig :confused:

The K series coax and system packs are very nice...and we do sell alot oif them...the Resolutions are even better, and the SS are top of the line, and compare to the Focal,etc.

But if they sound bad, most chances are installation, or the signal they are being fed........

corollapower
10-07-2004, 04:34 AM
Its the SS's I've been looking for.. How do you think yhey would react to a SX900.4?
And hows about the midbass in them, need alot to compliment the L7s

3.5Max6spd
10-07-2004, 07:46 AM
the SS's are one of the finest components I've EVER heard-period- very high end

And to say that Kappa coaxes sound better than KX's??? wtf ...In order for that I'd have to imagine that they mids were hanging off the door from one screw and the tweeters mounted backwards- Unless he really DOES have 2 sets of compenents w/ awful imaging/install-

Polecat
10-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Its the SS's I've been looking for.. How do you think yhey would react to a SX900.4?
And hows about the midbass in them, need alot to compliment the L7s
the Sx can only complimet the SS's even more...they offer the best range of any component set IMHO, we have made...

Polecat
10-07-2004, 10:29 AM
the SS's are one of the finest components I've EVER heard-period- very high end

we appreciate that...I love mine just off the KX550.3...awesome front stage. :)

maylar
10-07-2004, 01:05 PM
I've been running Kicker Resolution components for a year or two and I think they're outstanding. In fact I'm so impressed with them I wrote Kicker an attaboy letter, first time I've ever done that for any company or product. They were very appreciative and sent me a really cool hat :)

I'd love to hear the SS Series but Tweeter has dropped the Kicker line and nobody else around here demo's high end stuff :(

Polecat
10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Dave, we appreciate the kind words too...all those are kept on file....so it's still here in the building in files.. :)

corollapower
10-08-2004, 07:13 PM
OK. think I'll try to get me some SS's then. So that would be 2 sets of 6.5 SS comps of a SX900.4 and 2 L7 Solobarics of a SX1250.1 then.. sound sweet? And have you got any idea off the power drain from this system? Thinking of complimenting the amps with a Stinger HPM 3 F cap to reduse noise and interferece and get better performance. Will soon be getting a 200A alt but am wondering if I actually need 2 batteries? got a maxxima 900 now but would 1 yellowtop be enough maybe if I switch?

corollapower
10-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah, and the L7's will be in a sealed box of aprox. 2 cu.ft. shared.. Sound ok? Havent got much room to play with so..

Polecat
10-11-2004, 09:07 AM
if you can only get 2.0 sealed, try one 12" and the SX650.1

sounds sweet as heck man...you'll,love the DSP on the SX, plus, you can 'lock out' all your friends from playing with your amp settings, plus the amp can tell you everything going on...

I would upgrade battery and alt, then I think you'll be fine..