PDA

View Full Version : 1 12" 2 8" and 1 6X9" in one box

stonekey
10-04-2004, 11:16 PM
I have a 12 inch sony explode...i have 2 8 inch pg subs..i have a 6X9 inch jenson with 2 tweeters in it...i want to put them in one box the 12 in the middle the 8's to the left and right...the bottom of the 8's i want to be at the level of the middle of the 12...and i want to create a place for the 6X9 on top of the 12 inch...this is going in my fiances car for now..she dosent really care about sound quality but i want them to be as loud as possible....i have one alpine..think its either a 250 or a 300 watt for the sony 12..YES its redicouls BUT thats all i can afford..it was given to me..and a 240 going to the 8"s and running the 6X9 through the cable the old front 2 inch speaker was in...thats fine with me thats lound enough...What kind of box should i make...ported? sealed? bandpass? and crap like that...should i make it so they all share the same air space? or should i stop that and if so what should i do...pictures would be AWESOME..THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOURRRR HELP !!!!!

thismightbepat
10-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Alright, this is my opinion and it's probably not what you're going to want to here, but.....don't do that. Take whatever trace of memory that you have of that plan in your brain and burn it. Make a nice small sealed box for the xplod, put each 8 in a very small sealed enclosure on each side of the vehicle and use those for midbass, and well forget the 6x9, it serves no purpose unless its paired with another one and implemented in the front soundstage/rear fill.

UndercoverPunk
10-04-2004, 11:48 PM
I'm with pat... 100%

Sleeklsc
10-04-2004, 11:49 PM
at 1 time i had 4 6x9's and 2 6 1/2" in 1 box...i was bored and gues what it sounded like? :wowflash: :bowdown: who knew all those speakers would of sounded like :censored:

jellyfish420
10-05-2004, 12:18 AM
me and my g/f both got 12" sony xplod's hers is 1ft sealed and mine is 2ft ported. the sealed sounds like *****, my 2ft ported is loud. so my suggestion is 2ft ported for the 12 and leave the rest of it alone.