PDA

View Full Version : Speaker sensitivity

Scarenius
10-04-2004, 09:36 PM
What kind of difference does the 1w/1m sensitivity really make? If I were to replace 90db speakers with 96db speakers of exact same quality, what kind of difference would I notice?

Acidburn
10-04-2004, 09:37 PM
theoretically, the 96ers will be louder, dont worry about it though

squeak9798
10-05-2004, 01:49 AM
In all honesty, it's not really something to concern yourself with too much. That spec pretty much goes out the window once you install the speaker, as efficiency is dictated by the installation conditions.

hoss
10-05-2004, 01:52 AM
In all honesty, it's not really something to concern yourself with too much. That spec pretty much goes out the window once you install the speaker, as efficiency is dictated by the installation conditions.
ditto

i am still learning about parameters and numbers and such... but from the limited knowledge i have i know that the efficiency reference means very little when you factor in the install and when you apply more than 1w. you can use it for reference though when comparing two speakers in identical enclosures. the higher efficiency speaker will be louder in a box that is exactly identical... but also remember that power is a big factor too.

Scarenius
10-05-2004, 12:32 PM
All I needed to know, thanks!