PDA

View Full Version : diamond or focal

ace_800
10-04-2004, 06:14 PM
have a set of Diamond Hex 6 1/2 comps that are already installed or I can get a set of 5 1/4 Focal utopias comps. Which one would be better?

squeak9798
10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Do you like the Hex's you have now??

ace_800
10-04-2004, 06:21 PM
They are really good, diamonds top of the line. But I have heard Utopias are better.

squeak9798
10-04-2004, 06:37 PM
They are really good, diamonds top of the line. But I have heard Utopias are better.

You've heard them personally, or that's what people have told you?? Because you need to be careful with speakers....everyone has different tastes and different ideas of what "sounds good", and install has a lot to do with it. If someone heard them in a certain install, then they may have sounded better because of the install and tuning. And just because one person liked them, doesn't mean you will too.

Plus you would be downsizing your midbass, which means you would likely loose some midbass impact.

I don't know.....if you are happy with what you have now, I wouldn't change (and I wouldn't downsize my mids). But if you are like me, and just like trying out new stuff, then it's your call. But as the old saying goes; "Trust your own ears".

LOL, I know I probably wasn't much help, but take it for what it's worth.......................just food for thought I guess