PDA

View Full Version : Component woe's

diminishedpower
10-02-2004, 05:08 PM
ok finally got around to installing my cdt euro's, after finaly getting the power wire routed and geting it to the doors, and doors ripped apart i ran into a problem. The mounting ring is 1/2 an inch to small. Theres plenof space behind just ring is restriciting. So im going to my shool monday and cuting the ring up and fashining it to fit.
But the real questions i have. First how do you guys usually mount the crossovers, inside the metal on the door? If so can i just get like a small metal bit and drill holes into the door and screw it in. Or do i have something to worry about? Thnx a lot for the help in advance.

supa_c
10-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Put the X over inside the kick panel
i put mine on my door, broken now

diminishedpower
10-02-2004, 05:20 PM
how did it break? And were can you fit it in the kickpanel. I don't think theres any room for me anyways.

supa_c
10-02-2004, 05:22 PM
well if you use your doors alot like me.
most likely something will come loose

squeak9798
10-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Just mount the xovers where ever you have room; by the amp, under your dash, under your seats, in the center console (if you have one)..........I personally wouldn't recommend in/on the door. If you mount them in the door, you also run the risk of them getting wet along with all the violent jolting from opening/shutting the door.

If you are mounting them somewhere near carpet, velcro works great :) Mounted my buddies Viper 650.2 xovers (which are huge and heavy) vertically on the back wall of his truck with velcro and no problems yet; still holding strong

supa_c
10-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Yep, X overs on the doors is a :nono:, unless you want to break them