PDA

View Full Version : Bose *****!

Russcat
09-29-2004, 11:28 PM
I have an 89 Maxima with a Bose system.Well needless to say it sounds like crap.I just got my new Pioneer Mp3/cd player today.I am lost just trying to think about what to do. :censored: I am gonna replace all the factory speakers but how in the hell do I hook the cd player up?I know I gotta bypass all the amps on the factory speakers.This whole process sounds like a pain.The local audio shop said they would hook up my cd player and put my aftermarket speakers in for $85.But I feel like they are gonna stick me with some hidden charges and would rather do it myself because I think I have enough car audio knowledge to figure this out with a little help.I would really like to get this done before my eD 16kv.2 and Nine.2 amp comes in.Anyway any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Norcalracer283
09-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Have them do it.....you sound way too nervous to do an install yourself.

Russcat
09-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah but I would really like to have that extra $85 cause I want to get a component set and and another amp soon too.

nosaj070
09-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Well the biggest problem is finding the amps. I'm pretty sure though that a lot of bose systems have individual amps for each speaker? I may be way off though. Rip off the doorpanel or whatever is necessary and see where the wire goes, trace it until you find an amp. 85 really doesn't seem like a bad price for a hu install and speakers, but yeah you are right there is a good chance they'll stick you with a convertor or something that really isn't necessary. All it is goign to require is time and patience. I would vote do it yourself as alearning experience. You'll know your car a lot better, you could even intall your amp wiring while you are at it, so when your stuff shows up it'l only take 20 minutes to install.

supa_c
09-29-2004, 11:41 PM
That would be BLOWS ;)

Russcat
09-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah thats a good idea about running the amp wire at the same time :thumbsup: The amps are located right beside the speakers in my car.My main concern is hooking the cd player up to the bose wires and stuff.I cant wait to get that junk out of my car.

supa_c
09-29-2004, 11:46 PM
I cant wait to get that junk out of my car.May I suggest a wall socket, maby with video so we all can see it ?

Russcat
09-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Hell Yeah :peace:

Slody4Futbol
09-29-2004, 11:54 PM
i think the amps are integrated into the 6x9's on the rear deck... look on the bottom of your speakers in the back and see if there is a big black thing on the bottom with 4 wires going into a plug... if so... when you remove the speakers... you remove the amp... bypassing is easy... the plug has two big... and two small... the 2 small ones are speaker wires... same in the front... the plug is on top of the big black enclosure... it's 4" speakers in the front doors...

supa_c
09-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Hell Yeah :peace:sweet !!!
you are awseome man
BLOWS speakers <-------:blowup:

Russcat
09-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Yeah Bose is complete crap,maybe this install wont be so bad.It will be fun though just to have that stuff out of my car.I think I would be better off riding around listening to my portable cd player.Ha!

bri487
09-30-2004, 12:44 AM
bose is overrated, even in home audio. speaking of home audio, has anyone heard the new JL stuff, s it even out yet?

DarrenE46
09-30-2004, 07:35 AM
May I suggest addressing this question to a maxima forum, Im sure there have been alot of people on there that have gone through exactly the same thing you are right now.

jtomsic
09-30-2004, 10:48 AM
the speakers will actually be built into the amp, front have will be a baffel for the speaker, back half will be the amp. hope they make a wiring harness for you, i had bose stuff and they didnt make a wiring harness for my car, or a fit kit for that matter.

RattlinStratus
09-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Crap! I just bought a Maxima and I was hoping Bose would not ****, but here they go again! I gotta replace all those speakers. My uncle has a Maxima and his stereo *****, my Infinitys dominate those Bose!

DarrenE46
09-30-2004, 01:31 PM
the speakers will actually be built into the amp, front have will be a baffel for the speaker, back half will be the amp. hope they make a wiring harness for you, i had bose stuff and they didnt make a wiring harness for my car, or a fit kit for that matter.

This is exactly the way the system on my parents 97 Cadillac Eldorado. If your lucky, yours will be the same way with the amps built on to the speakers.

jtomsic
09-30-2004, 01:32 PM
the infinitys and monsoons are just as bad.

Russcat
09-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Well I gave in and let them install it for me this morning.They made it look so easy.Sounds good though.I got my tracking number for my eD amp today also.Maybe it wont be 2 months before they ship the subs out.Oh yeah I guess they kept my factory radio cause I cant find it so I dont get to blow it up now :blowup:

RattlinStratus
09-30-2004, 11:15 PM
No way! Infinitys are awesome I got six in my car AFTERMARKETS though!

jtomsic
10-01-2004, 12:37 AM
i was referring to the stock systems.

probmxstyle
10-03-2004, 10:08 PM
i had to rewire the bose system in my 94 maxima, same gen as you. There isnt any harness for it. Its a complete rewire(not to hard tho). For the fronts you will be restricted to what size speakers you sun because of the bose enclosure they sit in. I know on maxima.org there is a guy that i bought adapter plates made out of mdf from. Really good quality and fit and they were only 15 bucks. For the power and ground on my h/u i just ran them to the battery and used the power wire on the cig lighter as the ign power source.