PDA

View Full Version : re comps

pj_chevy03
09-29-2004, 09:51 PM
what is the rms for re comps...would it be the same when installed in an infinite baffle?

squeak9798
09-29-2004, 09:55 PM
50w RMS, but RE takes into account the DAF (******* factor) when rating their speakers and don't just give a thermal limit like some companies do, so it should be pretty good all situations.

pj_chevy03
09-29-2004, 10:00 PM
but RE takes into account the DAF (******* factor) when rating their speakers
hahahaha...lol...thats classic

thanks for the info though

pj_chevy03
09-29-2004, 10:05 PM
how do u think the re comps would comaare to these http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=1083 both given their rms rating

squeak9798
09-30-2004, 11:05 AM
how do u think the re comps would comaare to these http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=1083 both given their rms rating

Try to get ahold of George on here. Last I heard, he was unimpressed with those CDTs and was getting ready to purchase the REs. Don't know if he ever did or not though.

pj_chevy03
09-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Try to get ahold of George on here. Last I heard, he was unimpressed with those CDTs and was getting ready to purchase the REs. Don't know if he ever did or not though.
i have never bought/listened to aftermarket comps so i have no idea how loud 50w to a 6.5 would be. So do u think the re comps with 50 watts apiece could keep up with 4 re8's ported with 350 watts?????? i dont want my bass to majorly overpower my comps without having to turn the bass down????so what do u think????

also like u said re underrates their products
and i want to power the comps with an alpine amp and they under rate their amps as well

do u think the re would be fine with 50 watts+ considring the amp would be underrated

thanx

XDrkmanX
09-30-2004, 10:45 PM
My friend recently installed a set of these CDT comps. I can't guarantee that he installed and setup everything correctly, but I was not impressed by them at all. He's only powering them off of his head unit for now, but at higher volumes you can hear them start to distort.

squeak9798
09-30-2004, 10:58 PM
do u think the re would be fine with 50 watts+ considring the amp would be underrated

You should be fine, both power and volume wise. I only have 50w going to each of my Coustic DR mids and they can vibrate my rearview mirror.........and those RE mids have more excursion then mine.

lazure
10-01-2004, 11:46 PM
My friend recently installed a set of these CDT comps. I can't guarantee that he installed and setup everything correctly, but I was not impressed by them at all. He's only powering them off of his head unit for now, but at higher volumes you can hear them start to distort.

The CDTs, as most good comp sets, only sing if you give them decent power. I feed mine 70 W and they sound fantabulous. Your distorsion is no doubt head unit-related.

supa_c
10-01-2004, 11:54 PM
10-20 watts isnt going to make component speakers peform like amped ones.
Thats def the H/U making that distortion