PDA

View Full Version : Somebody make a sticky.

LoudCrownVic
09-28-2004, 04:53 PM
There needs to be a box design sticky. I've been an avid user of this website for a long time and I still have little Idea how to properly design and build a sub box. I think it would be appropriate to make one.... :veryexci: Moderators... This is for U!

ss3079
09-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Such as? "How do you design a port?" "How does a ported box effect power handling?" "How and where should I brace my enclosure?" etc.

Ask the questions - they'll be answered :)

- Steve

maniackilla
09-28-2004, 06:14 PM
theres already a tuning one *woohoo* .... what else do u need? i suppose something like subtracting 1.5" on the peice of wood being screw INto is a good thing to remember when calculating length when using 3/4" wood. other than that, screw it together.

LoudCrownVic
09-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Personally? Id like to build a ported box for a pair of 10" Infinity Kapppa Perfects. No need for real complex explanation: balls out loud with the ability to still hit the midbass that 10" drivers offer. I know how to BUILD it, but as for designing it...
I am on the lost side...
Is there a program or an equation that is used to determine things like box volume, port volume, tuning frequency etc or is it one of those magical things that only true car audio shamans can pull randomly from their minds?
That's the question(s) really... I just thought that it would be pertinent to inform the general car audio public how to design boxes correctly, not "if it leaks or has a big hole in it, it's ported, if it don't leak, it's sealed, and if only one of the woofers works, it a bandpass" like a friend of mine thinks.
Plus you should see whut the Finity's are in now... A shoddy chip-board box covered in liquid nails, sanded a bit, then painted with Chrysler "Charcoal Gray Metallic." Truly ghetto fabulous but lacking in... actual sound quality.

Randy Savage
09-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I should be building a new enclosure this weekend (hopefully). If enough people want it, I'll do a step-by-step process of designing/building the box.

supa_c
09-30-2004, 12:20 AM
I should be building a new enclosure this weekend (hopefully). If enough people want it, I'll do a step-by-step process of designing/building the box.
Much appreciated :)

DBfan187
09-30-2004, 12:24 AM
I want to see this too, your boxes look amazing.

Love the flashy port plug!

Acidburn
09-30-2004, 12:27 AM
i'd like to see pics snova

Randy Savage
09-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Alright guys.

If I get around to building this weekend, I'll make a little tutorial.

supa_c
09-30-2004, 01:31 AM
cool :thumbsup:

ss3079
09-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Alright guys.

If I get around to building this weekend, I'll make a little tutorial.

It's worth it - even I'm interested.

- Steve